We are on the lookout for a dynamic and energetic individual to join the Design team as a Senior Designer (Senior Executive Work Level). This role requires you to take the responsibility for the entire design process (Concept to Design intent) whilst managing relationships within the design ecosystem and cross-functional teams: demonstrate innovative insight and in-depth ability to research/analyze the latest styles/trends/seasonal concepts in the fashion industry and effectively come up with conceptual design ideas which can be converted to commercially viable products that either satisfy a need or solve a consumer problem whilst being trend-right/brand relevant and technically feasible in order to meet customer requirements such as aesthetics, design intent & fit.
- Based on the strategic direction from management, be proactive in analyzing the latest styles/trends/seasonal concepts in the fashion industry and effectively identify conceptual design ideas which can be converted to commercially viable products that either satisfy a need or solves a consumer problem whilst being trend-right/brand relevant and technically feasible to meet customer requirements such as aesthetics, design intent & fit.
- Conduct research and analyze of market conditions by identifying brands’ competitive landscape, current product trends, and new products and recommend potential new concepts for adoption in line with customer/brand/consumer needs such as relevant raw material newness, silhouette, print/graphic, embellishment etc. for our customers and provide product ranges that surpasses competitive offerings.
- Work cohesively with internal and external parties: capitalize on trends & market platforms and utilize customer insights better to understand new trends and opportunities for upcoming seasons whilst offering seasonal products, design, construction, fabrics, colours etc. that are aligned to the agreed seasonal timelines and customer requirements.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the technical nature, applicability and relevant tolerances of Raw Materials (fabric, lace, elastic, trims, etc) whilst supporting Fabric techs, Merchandising teams to source specific raw materials needed for concepts by setting design “wish-lists” and supporting the development of specific materials, graphic and trims required for new concepts that are within development timelines and costing parameters to order to meet aesthetic and functional requirements of the desired concept.
- Challenge the status quo- different sample materials and try different processes related to raw materials to determine which is best suited to the product through various stages of product creation ensuring the technical feasibility of the RM on the garment.
- Sample different materials and try different processes related to raw materials to determine which is best suited to the product through various stages of product development, ensuring the feasibility of the RM on the garment with the help of sourcing/fabric teams and front-end teams.
- Identify the impact of other “forward” processes such as cutting, printing, embellishment, moulding, bonding etc. and its impact on the material (fabric/lace/trims/accessories) from a garment manufacturing perspective to ensure sample/bulk feasibility.
- Take lead in collaborating with RM and souring teams to ensure product performance and production feasibility of the materials to meet the correct criteria, providing details of styles, fabric, trims, and embellishments as and when the need arises to assist relevant teams in the process of executing new styles/concepts and obtain necessary fabric/trims for styles by liaising with the sourcing /Material development team to ensure all materials are available for timely sample garment construction.
- Partake in relevant development meetings and tech pack meetings to ensure design intent is conveyed in terms of fit, material, construction, and print embellishments, so the team has complete clarity of the design intent of the concept.
- Compiling promotional presentations for customers; highlighting/providing information on design/product capability and market intelligence thereby optimizing customer relationships, support management during customer meetings, provide recommendations where possible whilst striving to identify innovative solutions/approaches to the design and development process to ensure the brand right product is delivered.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Design and Development.
- 4 -5 years of bra/ intimate apparel design experience
- In-depth knowledge of the intimate apparel market/lingerie products globally with an emphasis on the US Market.
- Capability to analyze bra trends and evolution in shape directions to then identify white space opportunities.
- Creative and curious about all aspects of product development and innovation with raw materials and application/ methods of garment-making experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (Presentation, communication, and ability to pitch to stakeholders/customers)
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- Experience4 Years
- QualificationBachelor's Degree