Senior Engineer, Cloud Operations
The Cloud Operations team is responsible for administration and support of the cloud platform for the LSEG group working across multiple cloud service providers including AWS, Microsoft Azure and GCP. Being part of the Cloud family, the operation engineers will also engage in engineering projects and will be responsible for project deliveries as part of the job role. The team will also work very closely with the Cloud Engineering Team on platform automations and improvements.
Key responsibilities of the team include ensuring smooth operation of the cloud platform, daily administration, working with applications teams, business owners and end users to fulfill service requests, manage incidents and problems and to identify areas of improvements and opportunities for automation and executing them effectively and also engaging in project deliveries.
- Taking responsibility for the availability of the cloud platform and ensure smooth operations.
- Manage assigned cloud administration tasks with the agreed SLAs.
- Communicate effectively with the application teams, end users and business owners and other third parties to ensure their requests are completed on time.
- Handle deployments and change management on the cloud platform adhering to group change management procedures.
- Handle incidents and problems within target SLAs, identifying root causes and executing fixes to avoid any reoccurrences and ensure proper closure.
- Working with the cloud engineering team to identify opportunities for automation and areas of improvements and executing them successfully.
- Working in the cloud engineering projects and be responsible for deliveries
- Should work in the assigned shift in providing 24×7 services and on an on-call roster during weekends.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or similar technical field
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in a technology role
- Thorough technical knowledge on one or more major CSP platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Automation skills with Python, Ansible and Terraform
- Experience on DevOps tools and practices
- Service management experience
- Fast learner and ability to tackle problems pragmatically
- Passionate about technology and willingness to adapt to new tools and technologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Takes ownership and accountability
- A good team player
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose – driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth – in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (368)
Full Stack Engineer Jobs at Dutton Labs LK in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 22, 2023 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at CuSolid in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 22, 2023 Full-Time
Software Engineer – .Net Jobs at Calcey in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 22, 2023 Full-Time