Senior Executive, Finance
This role is responsible for management of research projects financial data and system to ensure efficient and effective services provided for researchers to facilitate the financial aspects of the research funding process.
- Creation of New Project Accounts and Verify budget loading – Ensure research project accounts are created and budget are loaded accurately in Research Project system. To check and ensure the correct information are interfaced to SAP and investigate the discrepancy in records if any.
- Budget Transactions – Verify research budget transactions such as budget virements are updated in the Research Project system so that up-to-date information are interfaced to SAP and make available to Schools/PIs.
- Maintain the necessary fund derivation for new accounts created in SAP.
- Research Project Grant Claims – Prepare and submit the grant claim forms to funding agencies promptly and attend to their queries in timely manner so that research grants are reimbursed promptly.
- Liaise with Principal Investigator and Research Support staff to address queries from funding agencies.
- Closing of Project accounts- Ensure project accounts are closed promptly upon receiving requests from Schools, including preparation of final statements and refunding project fund balances to funding agencies.
- General Administrative and Handling Enquiries – Maintenance of project files to ensure all important documents relating to the research project are filed in the project files. Handle general enquires by schools and process journal entries on research project accounts.
- Reporting – Support RSO/SDCs. Review of monthly management report/long outstanding items. Review of AR aging, budget vs actual variance. Review of expired projects and other ad hoc reporting
- Prepare year end and quarterly closing schedule.
- Ensure SOP are properly documented.
- Involved in the implementation/automation of projects.
- Diploma or equivalent in accountancy
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in handling research project accounting and submission of grants claims will be an advantage
- Experience in handling wide scope of finance-related work
- Ability to liaise with internal customers (e.g. Schools/PIs) or external parties (e.g. Funding agencies)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications such as Excel
- Knowledge of SAP Financial System would be advantageous
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meticulous and independent
- Good team player
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelSenior Executive