Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. . With more than 71,000 associates, the company operates 333 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 700,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2022 that ended July 3, 2022, the company generated sales of more than $68 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our team.
- Researching, evaluating, and recommending DevOps & SRE technologies and concepts for multiple development teams.
- Developing tools/platforms related to DevOps & SRE and socialize them among development teams.
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS/Azure/GCP cloud-based production systems, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability, and security of productions systems.
- Build, release, and configuration management of production systems that need to be supported 24* 7 uptime.
- Ensuring critical system security using the best-in-class cloud security solutions.
- Enabling reactive and proactive support through troubleshooting of technical issues, unblocking, and detecting root cause(s) based on SLA’s for infrastructure issues.
- Ensuring that systems are fully operational, and any loss of service is restored within SLA’s.
- Coaching development teams in DevOps practices and guiding the team to implement effective DevOps and Monitoring capabilities.
- Work collaboratively in a cross functional team and third parties in an Agile delivery environment.
- Provide solutions to technical problems for systems patching, deploying, managing, monitoring, automating and integrating with other/third-party products and server platforms, or networks.
- Onboarding and off-boarding users from the technology stack and maintain effective usage of software license.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, or equivalent qualification.
- 3+ years of Enterprise level technical/software/application support experience in a public, private, or hybrid cloud environment.
- Hands-on experience designing, developing, testing, and troubleshooting DevOps tools in production systems.
- Strong knowledge in fundamental DevOps tools such as AWS DevOps tools, SonarQube, Terraform, Jenkins, GoCD, GitHub, Nagios, Chef etc.
- Strong knowledge on containerization of software packages using solutions such as Dockerization, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, AWS Fargate, etc.
- Strong communication skills – reading & comprehending documents/specifications, producing clear and thorough documentation, ability to discuss and explain technical issues during meetings.
- Strong self-motivation and flexibility and willingness to accept additional responsibilities as they develop.
- 1+ years of experience with one of the dynamic object-oriented programing languages like Java, C#, Node.js, Python etc.
- Experience in Jira REST API, SSO related integrations/development and administration.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft skills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (677)
Senior Software Engineer-JAVA Jobs at Jobenvoy.com in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 25, 2022 Full-Time
DevOps Engineer Jobs at Sana Commerce in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 25, 2022 Full-Time
Senior Full Stack Developer- .NET Jobs at Pelican Cube in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 25, 2022 Full-Time
Web Developer Jobs at Demanzo in Sri Lanka (Remote) on November 25, 2022 Full-Time
Technical-Engineering Internship at Synopsys Inc in Sri Lanka (Remote) on November 25, 2022 Internship
Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Pelican Cube in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 25, 2022 Full-Time
Software Engineer – Frontend Jobs at Global Tote Lankan in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 25, 2022 Full-Time