Senior Software Developer – Front End (Remote)
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
As a Front-End Engineer, you will be responsible for creating high quality applications that will reach learners around the world. You will work with engineers, UX designers and product owners within the Denver office and other offices in the US and around the world to develop ground-breaking digital learning experiences. The ideal candidate is self-sufficient and a strong team player who is curious and loves solving challenging problems.
- Partnering with engineering and product teams to provide direction and recommendations for better learner experiences informed by customer feedback
- Working closely with UX designers and quality engineers, translating wireframes into accessible, localizable, semantic code and associated test cases
- Develop new, reusable components and expanding component libraries using ReactJS
- Effectively managing application state using Redux/MobX
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a defined set of web-capable devices and browsers
- Participating in peer code reviews with engineering team members to maintain high code quality
- Creating unit tests that thoroughly test the user experience for any features and bugfixes delivered with a focus on branch coverage
- Actively participating in agile ceremonies every day
- Releasing code to Production environments as often as weekly
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Five years of professional experience in software engineering with a specific, recent focus in cloud-based architectures
- Experience with React, Redux/MobX, Webpack
- Ability to take general requirements and generate discrete, actionable, user stories for developers
- Familiarity with full-stack data flows and RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git and the GitFlow branching model
Nice to haves:
- AWS services (ECS, S3, IAM etc)
- Next.js / Server-side rendering
- Experience with tools such as Jira, GitLab CI/CD and Confluence
- Experience with automated testing and static code analysis
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Pearson provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $120,000.00 to $140,000.00. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (321)
Lead – Data Analyst Jobs At Daraz in Colombo Sri Lanka on July 4, 2022 Full-Time
Senior Designer Jobs At Daraz in Colombo Sri Lanka on July 4, 2022 Full-Time
Full Stack Engineer Jobs At DDI Labs in Colombo Sri Lanka on July 4, 2022 Full-Time