Senior Software Engineer – C/C++ or Android
About the job
Remote Work No
Zebra OEM software decode team is responsible for delivering the software stack to integrate Zebra scanning SDK to various platforms for barcode decoding using camera or Zebra barcode scan engines. Software decode solutions include SDK, decode library, camera driver (sensor driver), I2C driver and sample applications.
The selected candidate is responsible for development and maintenance of software decode library and applications for one or more areas like Android, iOS, Linux and Windows platforms. Job involves interacting globally distributed team members and customers.
- Development and maintenance of software decode barcode scanning stack for Android,iOS, Linux and Windows platforms etc.
- Work with test and validation and quality assurance team to review test plan and fix reported bugs.
- Work with geographically distributed small group of software decode team of engineers.
- Research on latest updates of Android and Linux operating systems and assess how it affects the Zebra scanner software and recommend solutions pro-actively.
- Develops documentation for new projects and reviews previous results.
- Learn about Zebra barcodes scan engine modules as and when new products are being introduced in order to be able to develop software to integrate to various platforms.
- Study release history of open source software pertaining to camera drivers and system libraries.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent
Up to 6 years of experience
Experience in development on any of the mobile development such as Android, iOS, Mac OS or Linux or Windows
Experience is development of application using Android Native Camera APIs is a plus
Basic understanding of data structures and algorithms
Good understanding on Android JNI interface.
Experience in app development is desirable but not enough for this position as most of the work involves native libraries for Linux driver
Experience working on Linux/Android platforms is a must.
Experience in Web Assembly(WASM) or Java script is a plus
Good written and oral communication skill
Prior knowledge about barcode scanning and/or image processing is desirable.
Knowledge in any of the programming language such as C, C++, Java, Python, shell scripts
Knowledge about any of the source control tool such as GIT
Quantitative and problem-solving skills
Passion to learn new technologies and care about open source.
Self-motivated and ability to learn technologies with help of online content.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
ExperienceMore than 5 Years
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (568)
Software Engineer-.NET/Angular Jobs at JRC Software in Sri Lanka (Remote) on December 8, 2022 Full-Time
Senior / QA Engineer Jobs at ZinCaT Technology in Mount Lavinia, Sri Lanka on December 8, 2022 Full-Time
Software Engineer – .NET Jobs at DxDy (Pvt) Ltd in Colombo, Sri Lanka on December 8, 2022 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at Wiley in Colombo, Sri Lanka on December 8, 2022 Full-Time
Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Revox in Nugegoda, Sri Lanka on December 8, 2022 Full-Time
Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Zebra Technologies in Colombo, Sri Lanka on December 8, 2022 Full-Time
Senior Java Engineer Jobs at Envoy Ortus in Colombo, Sri Lanka on December 8, 2022 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at Creatit Solutions in Malabe, Sri Lanka on December 8, 2022 Full-Time
Software Engineer [React] Jobs at ZinCaT Technology in Colombo, Sri Lanka on December 8, 2022 Full-Time
Senior Software Engineer Jobs at FINAP in Colombo, Sri Lanka on December 8, 2022 Full-Time