Senior Software Engineer – Java
About the job
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Company: Wiley Global Technology Pvt. Ltd.
Our mission is to unlock human potential. We welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and we embrace individuals who get excited about learning. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion; it’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
About the Role:
We are looking for Senior Engineers with minimum 4 years of Java experience to join our exciting and rapidly expanding team in Sri Lanka. This position is a hands-on development role where you will be responsible for the development of Wiley’s Research, Education and Corporate Learning platforms. You will leverage your in-depth knowledge of Java to work closely with architects, engineers, and product owners to create complex applications. You will also ensure your commitment to the highest quality standards both in functional and non-functional areas.
How you will make an impact:
- Develop, testing and support of web-based applications and API development using Java, Spring Boot, REST APIs, and microservices-oriented architecture.
- Work independently, yet under the guidance of the team lead, architects, BAs and other stake holders, committed to quality and timely delivery.
- Take the lead on design discussions/provide solutions and guide/mentor the junior engineers. Provide code reviews.
- Be responsible for maintaining the health of production system and attend any production incidents providing quick fixes/work arounds.
- Follow Agile and DevOps methodology with total ownership of the development.
- Through understanding of engineering best practices and nonfunctional requirements.
- Follow latest relevant technologies, techniques, frameworks, tools, methodologies, and processes.
What we look for:
- Minimum of a bachelors degree in Computer Science or an equivalent qualification.
- Over 4 years solid experience in developing applications using Java, Spring Boot, and SQL/NoSQL databases such as MySQL and Mongo DB.
- Ability to guide/mentor junior developers while working with leads and architects on designing applications.
- Solid communication skills enabling working with stakeholders from across the company.
- Proven history with software and system architecture, microservices architecture and AWS cloud technologies.
- Good working knowledge of caching technologies, front-end technologies, and web architecture.
- Good understanding of engineering best practices and focus on NFRs.
- A good understanding of Quality Engineering principles and practices will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with CI/CD build/deploy pipelines, and modern DevOps practices like Git-Ops.
- Good understanding of technology methodologies including Agile (SCRUM), continuous integration/ continuous development and automation.
- Familiarity with JIRA and writing user stories.
Enabling Discovery, Powering Education, Shaping Workforces.
We clear the way for seekers of knowledge: illuminating the path forward for research and education, tearing down barriers to society’s advancement, and giving seekers the help they need to turn their steps into strides.
Wiley may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: our people. We are willing to challenge the status quo, move the needle, and be innovative. Wiley’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations across the globe in more than 40 countries.
Please attach your CV in order to be considered for this position.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (95)
NodeJS / AWS – SSE / ATL Jobs At 99X , Colombo, Sri Lanka on July 1, 2022 Full-Time