Senior Software Engineer
The English Language Learning (ELL) division of Pearson is looking for a talented and motivated professional to join our growing organization as Senior Software Engineer. In this exciting role you will be responsible for analysis, design, implementation, and automated testing as a key member of a high-performing, experienced team. You will use industry best practices while producing high-quality solutions in an agile environment. You will understand that needs of our users and anticipate, innovate, and ideate with our product teams. You will be essential in ensuring the team’s success; working closely as a mentor, reviewing their work, and supporting them to produce their best work across a diverse set of areas, including assessment delivery, scoring technology and services, infrastructure, identity management and e-commerce. You will also be responsible for maintaining and supporting mission-critical applications, as necessary.
This position is on a team that develops and maintains client and candidate-facing web and mobile assessment delivery and automated scoring solutions that are designed to serve a global user base. We deliver and score millions of language assessments annually across a wide range of industries. We also offer API products that integrate and support several client applications and platforms to support our customers’ diverse workflows. There is a continuous stream of complex and challenging work with direct impact to the candidate experience.
We are looking for passionate and driven technologists who flourish in a highly collaborative environment where they can think creatively, challenge the status quo, and innovate both products and processes. You will be surrounded by like-minded people in a highly collaborative team environment.
The Senior Software Developer will
Analyze, design, develop, and test software components and applications for one of the largest digital assessment providers in the world.
- Work on an agile engineering team writing maintainable and scalable code for software components and influencing team decisions.
- Implement designs following Pearson coding standards and industry best practices.
- Create testable code and implement automated unit, integration, and functional tests as part of new product development.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that impacts our customers.
- Use technology to solve difficult problems. Define a design, turn it into high quality code, and deliver it on schedule.
- Independently clarify technical requirements, assess development estimates, and apply a broad range of design approaches.
- Review the code of other team members and provide constructive direction.
- Drive continuous improvement of software quality, customer experience, and maintainability of products/features.
Mentor and train new team members; actively collaborate with others within and outside of the team
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or other technology discipline
- Extensive professional software development experience in an Agile environment.
- Proven track record of experience with customer-facing Web Application design/development
- Wide experience with Non-functional requirements such as Responsive Web Design, Accessibility, Security, I18N, Performance and/or Scalability
- Knowledge of Spring, SOA, automation tools and build tools (Yarn, npm, or similar).
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, deliver technical designs, and documentation.
- Well-rounded engineering skills; full-stack development experience – Web Services API Development
- Experience with React, HTTP/2, PWA, Serverless, Microservices, CI/CD, and cross-platform development
- Experience taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
- Experience using AWS technologies at scale in a production environment
- A high-quality bar; unit testing, code reviews, test automation tools, continuous integration & deployment, and a preference for agile methods
- Strong business and technical vision
- Passion for education and learning
- Possesses a global outlook and approach
- Operates as a self-aware, effective team player
Experience of working and thriving in a global matrix organization
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelSenior Executive
Related Jobs (242)
Full Stack Engineer Jobs at Refcoins in Sri Lanka (Remote) on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Senior Software Engineer Jobs at OREL IT in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Python Developer Jobs at Innodata Lanka in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Associate Software Engineer Jobs at Codevus in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Serviceform in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at CuSolid in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Tech Lead – Java Jobs at Virtusa in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 26, 2023 Full-Time
Python Developer Jobs at Cryptus IT Solutions in Sri Lanka on January 26, 2023 Full-Time