Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
Senior Software Quality Engineer
- BSc. Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a recognized university.
- 04+ years of post-graduate industry experience in Quality Engineering.
- Experience in test estimations, planning, and building quality reporting.
- Experience in software quality assurance and associated best practices including Agile/Scrum.
- Experience in service-level testing for REST and SOAP APIs (Manual and automated).
- Experience in UI and API automation using Java/.Net technologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Willingness to take the initiative and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Good experience in test management (planning, design, execution).
- Good experience in Java, C#, or other back-end programming languages.
- Good understanding of front-end technologies like JS, CSS, and HTML.
- Very good experience in browser developer tools.
- Good understanding of structured and unstructured database technologies (My SQL, Postgres, MongoDB, etc.) and strong SQL query skills.
- Good experience with automation tools such as Selenium, TestProject, Cypress, Maven, Postman and RESTAssured, and Cucumber (at least two for UI and API).
- Good understanding of CI/CD tool Jenkins and continuous testing.
- Experience with IntellijIDEA, Visual Studio, etc. development environments.
- Experience in performance testing with JMeter scripting would be an advantage.
- Experience in security testing with OWASP Top 10 and proxy tools knowledge (Burpsuite, ZAP, Fiddler, etc.) for API security testing.
- Experience in operating systems (Linux, Windows, and Mac).
- Basic understanding of micro-services architecture and traditional multi-tier architecture.
- Basic understanding of rich internet applications (RIA).
- Basic understanding of deployment technologies such as containers, and virtualization.
- Basic understanding of confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and authorization security principles.
- Experience in machine learning/data science model accuracy and functionality will be an added advantage.
- Understand the business problem and solution overview.
- Awareness of the delivery process, QA artifacts, tools, and methodologies specific to the organization/client.
- Elaborate on software requirement specifications, understand the functional and non-functional requirements, and define the test scope.
- Perform robust test planning and ensure solution quality.
- Support seniors to define the test approach.
- Developing and writing test cases, and scenarios based on suited test design techniques.
- Review them for expected quality/coverage as per the industry best practices.
- Support to ensure traceability is performed consistently for business requirements and technical specifications against test scope.
- Identify the test case priority and prepare smoke, system, and regression test suites.
- Ability to perform different types of testing including functional, non-functional, structural, sanity, and regression when the need arises.
- Ability to perform testing at different levels including component/unit, integration, system, and user acceptance when the need arises.
- Understand the necessary repetitive API and UI workflows and automate them end-to-end.
- Provide technical expertise on test automation and apply industry best practices when developing and maintaining them.
- Perform continuous testing with CI/CD integration for automated tests.
- Perform pair testing with the developers and identify defects.
- Execute manual and automated tests and maintain automated smoke/regression suites.
- Perform timely test status reporting with quality metrics.
- Report defects while investigating them and include appropriate background information to assist software developers in resolving the defect or better understanding the root causes of the failure.
- Perform defect triage meetings and manage the defects till the closure.
- Responsible for on-time delivery and timely escalations/updates of risks, issues, progress, delays, and exemptions to management consistently and proactively.
- Develop and maintain test data sets, scripts, and databases for testing efforts.
- Ability to build, deploy and configure required testing environments and work with various source control, continuous integration, and build tools.
- Collaborate with engineering, PMO, UI/UX, and business analysis/consulting teams to review project schedules, requirements, designs, architectures, and guides/specifications to ensure quality and testability.
- Maintain appropriate professional affiliations and up-to-date knowledge of current software engineering and quality assurance techniques and tools.
- Ability to conduct training on testing best practices, tools, and business domains as the need arises.
- Supports in defining QA and test processes based on theoretical knowledge and industry best practices/trends.
- Being a mentor and guiding juniors for successful project deliveries.
- Ability to take the QA responsibility role in supporting in setting up new projects, leading teams, and participating in retrospective and project closure activities.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- Experience4 Years
- INDUSTRYComputer and technology
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (56)
- Quality Assurance Engineer Jobs at H huex Pvt Ltd in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Quality Assurance Lead Jobs at OREL IT in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Full-stack PHP Developer Jobs at Scopic Software in Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at QrioMatrix in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at CreativeHub in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Saberion in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time