Senior Software Quality Engineer
- BSc. Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a recognized university.
- 04+ years of post-graduate industry experience in Quality Engineering.
- Experience in test estimations, planning, and building quality reporting.
- Experience in software quality assurance and associated best practices including Agile/Scrum.
- Experience in service-level testing for REST and SOAP APIs (Manual and automated).
- Experience in UI and API automation using Java/.Net technologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Willingness to take the initiative and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Good experience in test management (planning, design, execution).
- Good experience in Java, C#, or other back-end programming languages.
- Good understanding of front-end technologies like JS, CSS, and HTML.
- Very good experience in browser developer tools.
- Good understanding of structured and unstructured database technologies (My SQL, Postgres, MongoDB, etc.) and strong SQL query skills.
- Good experience with automation tools such as Selenium, TestProject, Cypress, Maven, Postman and RESTAssured, and Cucumber (at least two for UI and API).
- Good understanding of CI/CD tool Jenkins and continuous testing.
- Experience with IntellijIDEA, Visual Studio, etc. development environments.
- Experience in performance testing with JMeter scripting would be an advantage.
- Experience in security testing with OWASP Top 10 and proxy tools knowledge (Burpsuite, ZAP, Fiddler, etc.) for API security testing.
- Experience in operating systems (Linux, Windows, and Mac).
- Basic understanding of micro-services architecture and traditional multi-tier architecture.
- Basic understanding of rich internet applications (RIA).
- Basic understanding of deployment technologies such as containers, and virtualization.
- Basic understanding of confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and authorization security principles.
- Experience in machine learning/data science model accuracy and functionality will be an added advantage.
- Understand the business problem and solution overview.
- Awareness of the delivery process, QA artifacts, tools, and methodologies specific to the organization/client.
- Elaborate on software requirement specifications, understand the functional and non-functional requirements, and define the test scope.
- Perform robust test planning and ensure solution quality.
- Support seniors to define the test approach.
- Developing and writing test cases, and scenarios based on suited test design techniques.
- Review them for expected quality/coverage as per the industry best practices.
- Support to ensure traceability is performed consistently for business requirements and technical specifications against test scope.
- Identify the test case priority and prepare smoke, system, and regression test suites.
- Ability to perform different types of testing including functional, non-functional, structural, sanity, and regression when the need arises.
- Ability to perform testing at different levels including component/unit, integration, system, and user acceptance when the need arises.
- Understand the necessary repetitive API and UI workflows and automate them end-to-end.
- Provide technical expertise on test automation and apply industry best practices when developing and maintaining them.
- Perform continuous testing with CI/CD integration for automated tests.
- Perform pair testing with the developers and identify defects.
- Execute manual and automated tests and maintain automated smoke/regression suites.
- Perform timely test status reporting with quality metrics.
- Report defects while investigating them and include appropriate background information to assist software developers in resolving the defect or better understanding the root causes of the failure.
- Perform defect triage meetings and manage the defects till the closure.
- Responsible for on-time delivery and timely escalations/updates of risks, issues, progress, delays, and exemptions to management consistently and proactively.
- Develop and maintain test data sets, scripts, and databases for testing efforts.
- Ability to build, deploy and configure required testing environments and work with various source control, continuous integration, and build tools.
- Collaborate with engineering, PMO, UI/UX, and business analysis/consulting teams to review project schedules, requirements, designs, architectures, and guides/specifications to ensure quality and testability.
- Maintain appropriate professional affiliations and up-to-date knowledge of current software engineering and quality assurance techniques and tools.
- Ability to conduct training on testing best practices, tools, and business domains as the need arises.
- Supports in defining QA and test processes based on theoretical knowledge and industry best practices/trends.
- Being a mentor and guiding juniors for successful project deliveries.
- Ability to take the QA responsibility role in supporting in setting up new projects, leading teams, and participating in retrospective and project closure activities.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (546)
Intern – DevOps Engineer Internship at Arimac in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on October 7, 2022 Internship
IoT/Automation Engineer Jobs at Spera Labs in Colombo, Sri Lanka on October 7, 2022 Full-Time
QA Engineer Jobs at Spera Labs in Colombo, Sri Lanka on October 7, 2022 Full-Time
Software Engineer(Angular) Jobs at Spera Labs in Colombo, Sri Lanka on October 7, 2022 Full-Time
Software Engineer(NodeJS) Jobs at Spera Labs in Colombo, Sri Lanka on October 7, 2022 Full-Time
Software Engineer (PHP) Jobs at Spera Labs in Colombo, Sri Lanka on October 7, 2022 Full-Time