Senior Specialist, FX Application Support
An experienced application support engineer is required to join the LSEG Capital Markets Technology team. This is an opportunity to work with a global team of application support engineers operating a real time data distribution platform including data from the low latency FX platform. The team is responsible for production support of the product as well as integrating software changes into the enterprise environment as part of ongoing project work. Data analysis of platform health and looking for opportunities to optimize systems.
- Proactive engagement with the development teams on features and bug reporting on the FX platform
- Deployment and maintenance of all applications of the FX platform
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of the unit’s processes and ensure compliance with these processes with strong focus on driving down incidents and problems while delivering changes
- Drive to fully automate operational processes through standard toolsets
- Proactively identify operational risks. Provide short term solutions whilst tracking and driving long term resolution.
- Ensure compliance with risk and security policies
- Act as operational SME for the product while also gaining a solid understanding of the underlying infrastructure and operations toolset
- Provide operational impacts and inputs into architectural design
- Represent the application stack at unit meetings such as the CAB, incident review, problem review
- Writing and maintaining support documentation, technical specifications, and user guides
- Support development changes, providing accurate estimates for time and capital costs, attending project meetings, and analyzing impact for proposed project work and meeting deadlines
- Develop an understanding of procedures and SLAs for all services
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an IT related discipline
- More than 5 years of experience in an application support, DevOps or SRE team
- Thorough knowledge of incident/problem/change processes
- Hands on experience of Automation
- CICD tooling such as GIT/Ansible/Jenkins/Nexus
- Financial services experience
- Broad Infrastructure knowledge (e.g., Unix/Linux, Windows Server/Desktop, Networks, Database, Web, SAN/NAS)
- Use of JIRA to create epics, stories, backlog prioritization, planning, reporting
- HPOM/OBM, Control-M, BigPanda, DataDog, and Service Now
- Elastic Search/Kibana/Elastic Beats
- Messaging protocols, FIX and IBM MQ
- Ability to partner with business and technology stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
- Continuously adopt a pragmatic, flexible and responsive approach
- Wireshark and network protocols
- Good understating of Agile software development
- ITIL qualified
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose – driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth – in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (381)
Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Techscrolll in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 24, 2023 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at Simsyn Pvt Ltd in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 24, 2023 Full-Time