Senior Supply & Delivery Manager
Main Purpose of the Job:
(A concise statement setting out the main purpose and objectives of the job)
The BDL Factory Senior Supply & Delivery Manager will manage BDL factory Delivery team including third-party partner building the Business Data Lake. The person will also lead and drive BDL Delivery Workstream under Data As a Platform Program to deliver Continuous Improvement and Innovation on the data foundation.
(Describe the decisions this role is accountable for, and the responsibilities/deliverables expected)
- Design & manage the delivery workflow for the BDL Factory, including process, guidelines, standards, and templates where necessary
- Work with the project squad members to break requirements into sprints and plan sprint delivery
- Ensure third-party/ internal Unilever resources from the Data CoE) are in place to deliver planned sprints
- Build and deliver the DaaP Delivery Work Plan for continuous Improvement and Innovation for the BDL platform
- Manage the KPIs and OKR for BDL Factory and DaaP BDL Workstream Delivery to the required levels.
- Build and Manage the Delivery Contract, Ways of Working and Compliance Ul processes for agile Delivery
- Manage third-parties delivering work escalating issues to relevant stakeholders when appropriate
- Engage third-parties to hire & manage resources for delivery, including the performance management of resources where necessary
- Monitor third-party delivery quality to ensure it meets with BDL Factory standards, KPIs and ensure suitable handover to DevOps
- Assist in the review & selection of third-parties for delivery
- Coordinate with other D&A teams to ensure business, functional & technical requirements are developed in a timely fashion and that costs for development & running BDL are appropriately estimated and managed under control
- Work with other team members within the BDL Factory to ensure that delivery work is understood in advance and delivered on time, in full
Experience and qualifications required:
(Detail essential and desirable experience)
- 15+ years of experience in Solutions delivery, with at least 5+ managing program delivery in multi-vendor environment
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a professional or management discipline
- Deep understanding & experience of establishing of Agile/DevOps development lifecycle from conception to delivery in Information & Analytics area.
- Technical knowledge on Cloud based data and analytics tools and technologies, specifically Azure, Data Lake Store, SQL DW
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively run project communications and partner expectations at all levels of the organization
- Makes reasonable judgments quickly and adjusts thinking to assimilate new information
- Possesses highly effective analytical thinking to develop solutions, make recommendations, or propose action plans
- Ability to learn new tools, technologies and process quickly
- Self-motivated problem solver; able to thrive in a dynamic and customer-focused environment
- Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with precise attention to detail
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- IT knowledge to enable leadership of a multi-disciplinary IT team, including knowledge of architecture management, security management, quality management, capacity management, application development and testing, TOGAF, lifecycle management, service level management, IT operations.
- Experience of working in a global IT organization with multi-sourced and off-shore environment.
- Experience and cultural awareness required to take a leading role in leading a globally distributed team.
- Shown track-record of leading the delivery of large and complex global programme / projects.
- Good understanding of current and emerging Cloud technologies in Information management, and their potential business impact
- Thorough understanding of applicable standards and procedures including technical, quality, safety, and financial matters across all areas of service delivery
- Professional certification (Agile methodologies, PMI, ITIL, etc.) is a Plus
- Domain expertise in Analytics and Data Lake Platform & Technologies
- Experience of driving delivery with continuous Improvement and Innovation
(List any external and internal contacts arising from the job)
- Data & Analytics teams (Engagement teams; Portfolio team,Data CoE; Solution Factory; BDL Factory; Information Factory; Tech Transformation)
- Wider Unilever analytics and data science professionals
- D&A / DaaP Leadership team
- Third-party resources delivering work within the BDL Factory
- Third-party resource suppliers to the BDL Factory
Please apply online and add your Talent Profile (updated Resume) mandatorily & also upload your last 3yrs PDP reports if possible. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
Meeting applicable residency period rule is mandatory.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Should you require additional information, please contact Talent Advisor – Mohammed Shoaib.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelSenior Manager
- Experience5 Years
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (5)
- Undergraduate Trainee – Employer Branding Jobs at IFS in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Graduate Trainee – Merchandising Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 21, 2023 Full-Time