Senior Tax Accountant
About the job
Sansdesk Advisors is a boutique Chartered Accounting practice with offices in Melbourne and Colombo. We offer international private clients specialist tax advice and finance support at all stages of the business lifecycle, from establishment to exit.
At Sansdesk, we are looking for a high performing individual to join our entrepreneurial team and support the growth of the business. Reporting to the Director, you will be responsible for proactively managing client engagements and supporting the development of team members in both offices.
We are offering the ideal candidate the opportunity to work in a supportive but fast-paced environment, where they will be afforded end to end exposure to complex client engagements. The role will see you deal directly with clients and rapidly build your technical and commercial skills.
- Permanent, full time position.
- Located in Hawthorn East, Victoria.
- International travel required.
- $70,000 p.a. (ex super)
- Managing preparation of direct and indirect tax returns and financial statements for Australian clients, including individuals, partnerships, companies and trusts.
- Act as key point of contact for Sri Lankan based colleagues, Australia based colleagues and clients.
- Assist with technical tax calculations including capital gains tax, tax loss utilisation, dividends, trust distributions, CFCs and Division 7A.
- Prepare and review complex intercompany reconciliations and GL entries including tax effect accounting, asset revaluations, consolidation adjustments, loan rationalisations, foreign currency revaluations, provisions, accruals and tax adjusting journals.
- Assist clients with any accounting systems integration queries and custom reporting requirements.
- Assist with drafting tax advice in relation to business restructures, transactions and other technical matters.
- Manage and mentor junior staff.
- Tertiary qualifications in business or commerce.
- CA qualified.
- 4+ years’ experience in a public practice setting, suited to a senior in Tax Consulting, Business Services or Private Clients.
- Experience using accounting packages such as Xero, Quickbooks, MYOB etc.
- Interest in continuing to develop an in-depth knowledge of Australian tax law.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to build rapport and relationships with internal and external stakeholders, in particular those based overseas from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Self-directed and highly motivated, with the ability to meet the demands of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Experience in delegation, reviewing and mentoring other team members.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYAccountancy, Banking and Finance
Related Jobs (139)
Intern, Treasury, Opportunity At LSEG, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on December 8, 2022 Internship
Finance Executive – Revenue Collection Jobs at AOD in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on December 8, 2022 Full-Time
Finance Executive, Careers At Lucky Industries, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on December 6, 2022 Full-Time