Senior Tech Lead – C++
A Senior Tech lead is expected provide the technical delivery leadership for a medium size team of engineers and tech leads while playing a senior coding/designing role. They are expected to review work of the team members and coordinate the technical delivery of the team to the highest level of standards and quality. They are expected to manage the design of a considerable large area of work with the help of the architects for more complex matters. Senior Tech leads are expected to perform shadow solution architect role for small to medium size solutions. Senior Tech leads are expected play a line manager function. Senior Tech leads are expected to communicate closely with the internal and external stakeholders on the areas of responsibility. They should be prepared to play various SDLC roles including the scrum master role, the architecture owner role or shadow solution architect role of software components and solutions.
- Should be responsible for providing the senior technical leadership to a team for a medium to large scale functional or technical delivery
- Must be an expert level C++ engineer and should be able code mission critical components with no guidance
- Guide the team to analyse the requirements, embed the changes into the current design, coding, testing, build and deploy.
- Senior Tech leads are expected to own the designs of semi complicated components and subsystems with minimum guidance of the architects. They should be able to perform design activities for complex components with the guidance of the architects
- Ability to perform accurate estimates on implementational changes on the responsible areas
- Guide the team to follow the SDLC practices and standards according to the company policies and guidelines
- Ability to play various roles in the SDLC such as Scrum master, Architecture owner, Shadow solution architect.
- Ability to communicate clearly both on functional and non-functional aspects on the area that he is responsible for with both internal and external stakeholders. In addition, should be expert with the total technical delivery of the project/s that he/she is playing the role of a Senior Tech lead
- Senior Tech leads are expected to identify improvement points of components, subsystems, SDLC and suggest and work through implementations with the help of other stakeholders
- Ability to configure and automate and maintain continues integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines to support software integration and deployment
- Play the line management function as per the guidelines provided. Be responsible for improving the skills and mentoring the team for career development
- Handle individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or similar technical field
- At least 8 years’ experience with 1+ years in a similar capacity on C++
- An analytical mind and the ability to learn both the business and technical aspects of financial markets
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with clients and team members
- Interest and skills in automation and devops tools
- Being exposed to modern IT trends is an advantage
- Hands-on experience in cloud technology, different open source technologies and integration of them
- Thorough understanding of the full SDLC and related tools
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose – driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth – in everything we do.Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceMore than 5 Years
- INDUSTRYComputer and technology
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (144)
- Senior Technical Project Manager Jobs at Wavenet in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- DevOps Engineer Jobs at Wavenet in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Python Developer Jobs at Ceylon Dazzling Dev Holding (Pvt) Ltd in Sri Lanka on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer – Fullstack Jobs at Insighture in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Cut+Dry in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Nimi in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Serviceform in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 26, 2023 Full-Time
- Software Engineer (React Native) Jobs at Empite in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 26, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at GTN in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 26, 2023 Full-Time