Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
Service Desk Specialist
4- 7 Years
- Provide hardware / software / network problem diagnosis / resolution via email/chat for customer s end users
- Route problems to internal 2nd and 3rd level IT support staff.
- Coordinate and manage relationships with vendors and support staff that provide hardware / software / network problem resolution.
- Administer and provide User account provisioning.
- Use the Incident Management System to document and manage problems and work requests and their respective resolutions and circumvention’s.
- Responds to email, instant messages, and assigned tickets from users; Assign work orders / incidents to appropriate support teams and follow up until closure.
- Respond to, and diagnose, problems through discussions with users, including problem recognition, logs, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps; Provide level 1 remote desktop support and perform other activities based on SOPs .
- Perform user account management activities
- Escalate complex problem to appropriate support specialists
- Responsible for activities relating to the evaluation, analysis, and setup of PC-based software products (e.g., word processors, spreadsheets, presentation graphics, database management systems, electronic mail, and communications) .
- Troubleshoot client software and basic network connectivity problems via remote support . Identify, evaluate and prioritize customer problems and complaints .
- May train users and operators on a limited basis and/or may write training procedures
- Participate in on-going training and departmental development . Routine maintenance updates with other IT staff and business units .
- Provide all required documentation including standards, configurations and diagrams .
- Provide knowledge transfer of EUC operations Technical Requirements Chat and email support experience necessary.
- Technical helpdesk chat experience is necessary.
- Disciplined, systematic problem solving skills required.
- Hands-on work experience with the following:
- Windows Operating systems Clients: Windows7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000 Servers: Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange 2003/2007
- ITSM ticketing tools such as Remedy, HP Service Center, Peregrine Service Center User account creation for Active Directory, Exchange Mailboxes, Distribution lists Remote desktop connectivity applications like SMS, Bomgar, WebEx, Live Meeting, and Windows Native tools MS Office Suite (XP, 2003, 2007): MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Outlook, MS Project, and MS Visio Internet browsers (e.g. Explorer, Chrome, Firefox), VPN and remote dial-in users Support for laptop, desktops, and printers PDA and blackberry support Others: Adobe Acrobat and other common desktop applications like Winzip, etc
- (1.) To maintain high login Efficiency (Availability) for customers.
- (2.) To provide level 1 remote desktop support to resolve tickets or provide hardware or software or network problem diagnosis or resolution via telephone or email or chat within agreed SLA of ticket volume and time.
- (3.) To update worklogs and follow shift or escalation process to escalate complex problem to appropriate support specialistsorroute problems to 2nd and 3rd level IT support staff as the case be.
- (4.) Work on value adding activities such Knowledge base update and self-development.
- (5.) To adhere to quality standards
Interested candidates may apply at firstname.lastname@example.org at earliest.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- Experience4 Years
- INDUSTRYComputer and technology
- QualificationNot Specified