We are looking for an experienced Mid-level Software Engineer to help build functionality that will play a large role in delivering Pearson content to thousands of students. The Software Engineer will work as part of a team to design, create and enhance applications that relate to content publishing for Pearson Virtual Schools (PVS), under direction from business stakeholders, to implement a broader vision for the next generation of the publishing framework.
Work with product and technology teams to build, enhance, or maintain applications within Pearson’s suite of platforms.
- Drive technical decisions in a principled manner. Arbitrate and make decisions that move the development and architecture forward using appropriate level of cost-benefit analysis.
- Work collaboratively within an Agile team to plan, estimate, design, and implement work from a backlog.
- Collaborate with other technology teams across Pearson where needed.
- Participate in architecture, code, security, and operational reviews.
Be occasionally available off-hours in the event that critical Production issues require fixes/support
Computer Science degree or related field. Bachelors or above preferred.
- 3-6 years in the software industry.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to learn/absorb new concepts such as business domains, detailed requirements, and algorithms.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, in both technical and business-oriented matters
- Ability to handle time constraints, estimate level of effort, and proactively communicate impediments.
- Experience in architecting and developing services-based consumer platforms at a high scale, high availability, performance, and resilience.
- Experience in translating business requirements into accurate technical requirements, and then implementing the technical requirements with precision
- Experience triaging and fixing bugs within existing/legacy applications
- Ability to modify/enhance complex legacy applications while avoiding regression/bugs
- Microsoft Azure (preferred) or AWS experience
- C# & .NET framework; object-oriented design
- REST / web service design and implementation
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- Experience3 Years
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (37)
- Quality Assurance Engineer Jobs at H huex Pvt Ltd in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Quality Assurance Lead Jobs at OREL IT in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Full-stack PHP Developer Jobs at Scopic Software in Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at QrioMatrix in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at CreativeHub in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Saberion in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time