Specialist, Investigation Audit
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, the successful candidate will be part of the edotco Group Internal Audit team, that manages both audit and investigation. This role will include conducting the investigation of whistleblowing cases and supporting selected audits/reviews assigned by the Head of Internal Auditor. The candidate will be expected to perform audits based on assigned. As a valuable member of edotco’s Group Internal Audit (GIA), the successful candidate will be responsible to conduct investigations and ensure that ethics/compliance concerns involving employees, suppliers and other third parties are promptly and thoroughly investigated and appropriately redressed.
- Conduct investigations into potential breaches of edotco codes and policies, which includes formulating investigation plans, conducting interviews, gathering and analysing evidence (including digital).
- Prepare investigations report in a clear and concise manner, and ensure findings are clearly supported and documented, including process deficiencies and recommendations on corrective action plans to enhance monitoring and controls.
- As part of the conducting investigations, it is expected that you have some digital forensics knowledge such as identify, collect, analyse, and review electronic documents/data from computers, networks/cloud and other digital devices (including mobile phones), as well as knowledge of data recovery and electronic discovery.
- Perform selected audits/reviews covering financial and operational functions, which includes developing audit programme, conducting auditee interviews, performing testing and reporting audit findings; as directed by Head of Internal Audit.
- Responsible for the preparation of audit report in a precise and concise manner and to highlight significant/ major issues of concerns/ process improvement opportunities and recommendations that result in beneficial change. To ensure audit report is issued in a timely manner. To provide assurance on risk, control effectiveness of audit subject and to summarize report to be submitted to Board Audit Committee and Senior Management (subject to peer review and approval of HIA).
- Evaluate governance, risk and control frameworks for the auditees and make practical/effective recommendations to mitigate identified gaps.
- Assist to develop and review fraud prevention, deterrence and detection strategies.
- Support the department’s day to day activities (when required) in activities such as preparing board papers on whistleblowing cases.
- To recommend audit subjects to HIA for annual business plan based on risk and controls assessment performed and strategic information gathered during the execution of audit engagements.
- Prepare investigations report in a clear and concise manner, and ensure findings are clearly supported and documented.
- Develop and implement techniques in fraud prevention/detection and data theft.
- Proactively identify process deficiencies and recommend corrective action plans to enhance monitoring and controls.
- All CMDs and NTC’s Divisional Heads, edotco IA, Board Audit Committee Members
- External Auditor, Law Enforcement agency etc.
Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge
- A degree in Accounting, Finance, Forensics, IT or equivalent professional qualifications such as CIA, CA, ACCA, CPA, CFE or similar.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working in investigations, revenue assurance, forensic accounting, digital forensic, and internal auditing.
- Excellent delivery and project management skills, e.g. managing own time, prioritising assignments appropriately and ensuring deadlines and objectives are met. Promptly communicates ahead of time any potential problems that would prevent timely completion of the assignment.
- Possess good judgement, strong ethical values/integrity and able to maintain strict confidentiality, independence, and standards of professionalism.
- Highly inquisitive, has a keen eye for details, a good listener, and the maturity to appreciate the sensitivity of each assignment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and confident in engaging with all levels of company management.
- Ability to initiate, build and maintain effective relationships with colleagues across the edotco Group to achieve results. Comfortable working in a team environment and support others to grow.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceMore than 5 Years
- QualificationBachelor's Degree