System Engineer Internship (ServiceNow )
At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company where informal hierarchies promote simplicity and trust with responsibility. We strive to deepen our expertise by taking on challenging and varying work assignments in a collaborative environment together with committed colleagues. With professionalism and a strong customer focus in everything we do, from R&D to Sales and Consultancy, we are proud to serve world-class customers all over the globe with our leading products.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Summary: The Systems Engineer – ServiceNow provides services and support to enable the business to leverage our ServiceNow cloud application platform. This includes maintaining the stability and usability of the system through configuration, development, and administration including upgrades, patching and integrations. The Systems Engineer – ServiceNow is focused on operational excellence and automation to continuously bring value and efficiencies across the organization. Works with ServiceNow Application Specialists, Architects, Developers, and end-users to maintain the stability, integrity, and security of our various ServiceNow instances.
Work consists of managing, triaging and resolving items in the work queues (e.g. incidents, enhancements requests, access requests); configuring core ITSM, CSM modules including the service catalog and service portal; participating in platform clones, patching and upgrades; building workflows; managing instance security, user/group access; creating and maintaining operational process and technical documentation; automating and improving standard support and fulfillment processes.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Build, maintain, and utilize a thorough knowledge of ServiceNow platform, best practices, and system administration best practices and guidelines.
- ServiceNow instance cloning; A-Z process including communication, planning, preparation, follow ups, clone execution, post clone support etc.
- ServiceNow instance upgrade; A-Z process including communication, planning, preparation, follow ups, upgrade execution, post upgrade support etc.
- Assist and coordinate ServiceNow release management and UAT process on regular basis.
- Triage, resolve and close ServiceNow related incidents and requests on a daily basis.
- Understand and work with Incident, Request, Change, Problem, Users/Groups/Roles access processes and be able to guide others in these processes.
- Develop and/or enhance KB articles for both platform and frontend user.
- Troubleshoot technical & process issues, resulting in timely resolution or escalation of user incidents.
- Create and maintain library of technical and process documentation related to system administration.
- Mentor and guide more junior staff.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills in English language
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Information Technology or related field (or equivalent training / experience)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Knowledge of ServiceNow ITSM tool
- ITIL v3/4 Foundations Certification
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Knowledge in Configuration Management
- Fundamental understanding of IT infrastructure management
Interviews and selections are being made continuously. If you are interested, apply as soon as possible.
As a step in our recruitment process, all final candidates will undergo a background check, to get us an understanding of our future employees.
We respectfully decline all offers of recruitment and/or advertising assistance.
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, build and maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with a commitment to delivering value to every one of our customers, has made IFS a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 4,000 employees and growing ecosystem of partners support more than 10,000 customers around the world challenge the status quo and realize their competitive advantage. Learn more about how our enterprise software solutions can help your business today at ifs.com.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelEntry Level
- INDUSTRYComputer and technology
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (51)
- Quality Assurance Engineer Jobs at H huex Pvt Ltd in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Quality Assurance Lead Jobs at OREL IT in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Full-stack PHP Developer Jobs at Scopic Software in Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at QrioMatrix in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at CreativeHub in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Saberion in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time