Systems Engineer Cloud Services
At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company where informal hierarchies promote simplicity and trust with responsibility. We strive to deepen our expertise by taking on challenging and varying work assignments in a collaborative environment together with committed colleagues. With professionalism and a strong customer focus in everything we do, from R&D to Sales and Consultancy, we are proud to serve world-class customers all over the globe with our leading products.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will be exposed to cutting-edge Azure, Oracle, and WebLogic technologies and its services to meet customer expectations. To resolve complex issues, you will have to work with an exceptionally talented team who are diverse in different tech stacks. Further, you will play a key role in mentoring junior and new Cloud team members to maintain our quality and SLA standards.
- Manage an incoming queue of cases, incidents, and service requests within SLA, OLA, and KPI targets
- Support the event management team and their work to enhance the related event processes and tools
- Support the triage team in their work to assess and correctly route incoming incidents and service requests
- Work with other Service Center functions and appropriate stakeholders to resolve long-running, complex, or major incidents
- Create and update relevant SOPs, FAQs, and other documentation to address known issues, workarounds, and service requests
- Provide initial RCA for long, complex, or major incidents for customer incidents
- Support the problem management team in performing post mortems, producing incident timelines, and identifying corrective actions.
- Support, or perform, the implementation of corrective actions from the problem management process
- Resolving non-standard requests
- Provide ongoing feedback to improve the service request process
- Support the automation team in creating and enhancing the tooling and documentation for standard service requests
- Support the change management process across the service
- Support the supplier management process across the service
- Perform operational items within the service transition process for new and updated products
- Work with other Service Center functions to define and produce various internal and customer reports on a recurring and ad-hoc basis
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent along with 2+ years’ hands-on experience.
Optional Value Add
- ITIL qualifications, at foundation or higher levels
- Specialist Technical Qualifications, suitable examples:
- Windows Server MCP or Red Hat RHCE groups of qualifications
- Microsoft Azure, AWS, or GCP certifications
- Cisco CC or Juniper JNCP groups of qualifications
- CompTIA group of qualifications
- The successful candidate will have at least half of the following skills and for each relevant skill, the candidate should either have 2 years of commercial experience or a suitable professional-grade qualification
- Azure service administration and operations
- Networking design and administration
- Oracle database administration
- Microsoft SQL Server administration
- Windows Server administration
- Linux Server administration
- Weblogic Server administration
- Kubernetes/Docker operations and administration
- Terraform/Ansible/Powershell scripting usage
- The following are value add skills if available
- GCP administration and operations
- Working knowledge of ERP systems
- Usage of ITSM tools in a service desk environment
- At least 2 years’ experience in cloud computing services, enterprise IT service delivery, or an SRE role
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud computing services or IT service management methodologies and best practices
- Experience in modern ticket/service desk tooling such as ServiceNow, Jira Service Desk, or a similar tool
- Experience in 24×7 service delivery in an SLA/KPI driven environment
- Optional Value Add
- Experience in ITIL, ISO 20000, or a similar service delivery framework
- Experience in the provision of cloud computing services or IT service delivery
- The role forms part of a 24x7x365, 5 team shift rota
Interviews and selections are being made continuously. If you are interested, apply as soon as possible.
As a step in our recruitment process, all final candidates will undergo a background check, to get us an understanding of our future employees.
We respectfully decline all offers of recruitment and/or advertising assistance.
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, build and maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with a commitment to delivering value to every one of our customers, has made IFS a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 4,000 employees and growing ecosystem of partners support more than 10,000 customers around the world challenge the status quo and realize their competitive advantage. Learn more about how our enterprise software solutions can help your business today at ifs.com.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology