Systems Engineer – Cloud Services
At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company where informal hierarchies promote simplicity and trust with responsibility. We strive to deepen our expertise by taking on challenging and varying work assignments in a collaborative environment together with committed colleagues. With professionalism and a strong customer focus in everything we do, from R&D to Sales and Consultancy, we are proud to serve world-class customers all over the globe with our leading products.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
The Systems Engineer role exists within the global Cloud Operations organization. The role forms part of a shift team, which reports into a Cloud Services manager who is responsible for the operational and people management aspects of that shift. The shifts together form the Cloud Service Centre team who provide 24x7x365 operations support to the IFS customer base across all IFS cloud services. The role handles multiple aspects of incident and service requests. Working with multiple internal and external stakeholders related to our supported services.
Primary job role:
- Manage an incoming queue of cases, incidents and service requests within SLA, OLA and KPI targets
- Support the event management team and their work to enhance the related event processes and tools.
- Support the triage team in their work to assess and correctly route incoming incidents and service requests
- Work with other Service Center functions and appropriate stakeholders to resolve long running, complex or major incidents
- Create and update relevant SOPs, FAQs and other documentation to address known issues, workarounds and service requests
- Provide initial RCA for long, complex or major incidents for customer incidents
- Support the problem management team in performing postmortems, producing incident timelines and identifying corrective actions.
- Support, or perform, the implementation of corrective actions from the problem management process
- Resolving non-standard requests
- Provide ongoing feedback to improve the service request process
- Perform operational items within the service transition process for new and updated products
- Work with other Service Center functions to define and produce various internal and customer reports on a recurring and ad-hoc basis
- A formal qualification (degree, HND, etc.) in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in Azure SQL and Azure Cloud Services
- 1-2 years’ experience in SQL Server on premise or PostgreSQL management
- 1-2 years’ experience in management .Net applications hosted in AWS
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud computing services or IT service management methodologies and best practices
- Experience in a modern ticket/service desk tooling such as ServiceNow, Jira Service Desk, or a similar tool
- Experience of 24×7 service delivery in an SLA/KPI driven environment
- Experience in Azure service administration and operations/AWS cloud administration/ SQL administration
- The successful candidate will also have at least half of the following skills and for each relevant skill, the candidate should either have 1-2 years of commercial experience or a suitable
- Experience in Windows Server administration/Oracle DB administration
- Role forms part of a 24x7x365, 5 team shift rotation
Interviews and selections are being made continuously. If you are interested, apply as soon as possible.
As a step in our recruitment process, all final candidates will undergo a background check, to get us an understanding of our future employees.
We respectfully decline all offers of recruitment and/or advertising assistance.
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, build and maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with a commitment to delivering value to every one of our customers, has made IFS a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 4,000 employees and growing ecosystem of partners support more than 10,000 customers around the world challenge the status quo and realize their competitive advantage. Learn more about how our enterprise software solutions can help your business today atifs.com.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- Experience1 Year
- INDUSTRYComputer and technology
- QualificationProfessional Certificate