Systems Engineer (IDD) [NIE]
ABOUT THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (NIE)
The National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, is Singapore’s national teacher education institute and we are proud to be an integral part of the nation’s education service. We play a key role in the preparation of teachers and in the provision of teacher professional and school leadership development programmes. We are committed to our vision of being An Institute of Distinction: Leading the Future of Education and our mission to Inspire Learning, Transform Teaching and Advance Research. Read more about NIE here.
- Support and Maintain Application Servers in all the three environments, Production, UAT and Development.
- Responsible for day-to-day administration tasks and routine maintenance of Oracle WebLogic, Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS), Apache Tomcat application servers and OutSystems Platform.
- Responsible for building Continuous Integration / Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, optimizing processes and configuration management.
- Identify and resolve problems relating to critical service operations and to prevent their recurrence using different methods of automation.
- Be involved in the design and subsequent implementation of software and service infrastructure.
- Maintain the Middleware Administration standards, and operating procedures that is aligned to NIE Cyber Security & IT policy and procedures, and NIE IT Service Management Framework.
- Provide recommendation to management and stakeholders on the technology roadmap and Middleware integration with Enterprise and cloud systems.
- At least 2 years of experience with Application Server Administration like Oracle WebLogic Server, Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS), Apache Tomcat, OutSystems Platform etc.
- Experience with automation/ integration tools like Jenkins and Proficient in developing Continuous Integration/ Delivery pipelines.
- Experience in administering Java and J2EE technologies, and various configuration tools like GitHub, SVN, etc.
- Strong development/scripting experience (Python and Bash).
- Knowledge of using Puppet, or Chef, or any other configuration management tool.
- Knowledge of software containerization platforms and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes and Docker Swarm an added advantage.
- Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related discipline.
- Certification in ITIL Foundation v3 will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical skills and meticulous attitude.
- Able to work independently or in a team with minimal supervision.
- Good communication, writing and presentation skill.
The closing date of the advertisement is 17 February 2023. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
NIE staff can take chartered buses at their own expense from or near their homes to NIE campus. This is subject to the availability of seats.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
Related Jobs (480)
Graphic Designing Internship at Dilmah Tea in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Internship
Senior Graphic Designer Jobs at Wonder Labs in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Full-Time
Graphic Designer Jobs at Visual Studios Plus in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Full-Time
Full Stack Developer Jobs at CAREER141 in Sri Lanka (Remote) on March 31, 2023 Full-Time