USA – Tax – EY EDGE – Quantitative Services (QS) STEM – Analyst – Winter
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Tax – EY EDGE – BTS – Quantitative Services (QS) STEM – Analyst
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
The EY Business Tax Advisory (BTA) Quantitative Services (QS) practice provides cutting-edge solutions to some of the world’s largest organizations and middle market and private companies. As a member of our BTA team, you will help companies navigate an increasingly complex post-tax reform environment.
As a QS Analyst, you will be a core member of the project team and perform research credit studies. Your primary focus will be leading or participating in detailed technical interviews with our clients’ engineers, scientists and software developers, helping determine whether certain activities meet the qualification requirements for research tax credits and incentives. You will also prepare and review detailed technical documentation packages supporting our clients’ R&D, engineering, and software development projects.
In addition, you will work on developing customized, industry and engineering discipline-specific client surveys in our proprietary client-facing research credit technology platform (Prodigy) that will be administered to client technical personnel to solicit detailed information regarding their R&D efforts and projects.
Your key responsibilities
- Leading or participating in detailed technical interviews with client engineers, scientists and software developers to determine eligibility and qualification for R&D tax credits and incentives
- Utilizing specific STEM knowledge to make technical determinations as to whether certain activities meet the requirements for research credits and incentives based on the results of technical interviews and surveys prepared by client STEM personnel
- Preparing or reviewing various memos and other technology and engineering discipline-specific client deliverable documents (e.g., company or technology overview, methodology memorandum)
- Researching relevant tax authorities to build a case for qualification of certain client science, engineering and software development projects for research credits and incentives; and preparing supporting engagement documentation
- Reviewing and providing comprehensive technical feedback on engineering and software development project narratives prepared by our Global Delivery Services teams
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- A predicted undergraduate degree in engineering, science, computer programming or related field
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Teams
- Familiarity with Microsoft Power BI suite, including Power Pivot, Power Query, Power View and Power Map
- Familiarity with Alteryx
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with the rules and qualification requirements for the US Federal R&D Tax Credit or other US and foreign R&D incentives preferred
- Flexibility and willingness to travel and work beyond standard hours when necessary
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
- A competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
- Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
- In addition to speaking with our recruiters and client-serving professionals, we also leverage game-based assessments to assess your non-technical skills and attributes in a quick and engaging experience. This includes your collaboration style and your abilities to work with information and the use of pre-recorded video interviews (PRVI). PRVI technology provides a great opportunity for you to share more about your qualifications and interests, as well as to ask more specifics about EY and the role for which you are interviewing. It also provides you with the flexibility and convenience of completing at a time and place that works best for your schedule.
- Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in-person.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYAccountancy, Banking and Finance
Related Jobs (581)
Senior QA Engineer Jobs at Aventude in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Full Stack Engineer Jobs at Refcoins in Sri Lanka (Remote) on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Senior Software Engineer Jobs at OREL IT in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Python Developer Jobs at Innodata Lanka in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Associate Software Engineer Jobs at Codevus in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Serviceform in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at CuSolid in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 27, 2023 Full-Time