Team Lead Storage & Backup
This team lead role will be responsible for support and administration of mission critical SAN storage and Backup infrastructure across Thomson Reuters. As a team lead, you will ensure that the SAN storage and Backup infrastructure effectively supports the ongoing business operations, revenue, and strategic direction. You will be responsible for managing a geographically dispersed team of talented engineers and collaborate closely with your peers in Globally.
To achieve success, this position will need to work closely with Design and Engineering, Service Introduction, Delivery and other DCIS teams to ensure smooth functioning of the underlying SAN storage and Backup infrastructure.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Manage and troubleshoot storage issues following proper escalation paths and liaise with internal DCIS teams and storage vendors
- Troubleshoot, Investigate and drive resolution of complex problems and incidents. Ensure proper handoff and ownership of critical storage issues
- Adhere to Thomson Reuters change and incident management policies
- Collaborate with the Design and Engineering and Service Introduction teams to bring new Infrastructure capabilities into the support team
- Collaborate closely with Design and Engineering and Life Cycle management teams to keep the HW/SW infrastructure stacks at supported standards
- Review and refine current standard operating procedures
- Enforce storage standards and identify areas for improvement
- Support storage and backup installs and upgrades as needed
- Lead efforts for storage automation, Proactive performance monitoring and compliance with Storage standards to ensure infrastructure stability
- Learn and stay current on the key facets of the applications that leverage the underlying Storage and backup infrastructure
- Stay current on the supported technologies and engineering standards
- Stay abreast of new technologies to understand possible implementations in the data center.
Leadership & Communication (20%)
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to team members
- Talent acquisition, Retention and Development
- Ensure team meets or exceeds group performance targets and objectives
- Communicate and escalate operational, technical, and resource issues with management team on a regular basis.
- Ability to translate highly technical solutions/problems to audiences at varying technical levels
- Communicates in a professional manner when interacting across staff levels and internal/external customers
- Understands the importance of communicating risk assessment
Management & Administration (20%)
- Ability to contribute, influence and direct a variety of projects concurrently
- Continuous service improvement through delivery of process, automation and Operational efficiencies in collaboration with Design and Engineering and Life cycle management teams
- Participate in initiatives to define, measure, and report on Infrastructure quality and stability
Business Acumen and Strategy (20%)
- Develop close partnership with supported business units and other DCIS teams
- Develop close partnership with Design and Engineering to ensure smooth operations
- Communicate regularly with Business unit leaders ensuring team is providing required services
- Understands the impact of new projects and technical impacts to supported systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 8+ years technology experience
- 3+ years of leadership experience managing a geographically diverse team
- 5+ years of experience with EMC VMAX and HDS VSP storage infrastructure and tools.
- 5+ years of experience with EMC Avamar, Netbackup or TSM backup technologies
- 3+ years of experience with Brocade or Cisco Fibre Channel infrastructure and tools.
- 2+ years of experience with EMC Data domain
- Working knowledge on Storage Replication technologies
- Strong functional knowledge in one of the following OS platforms: Linux, Solaris or Windows.
- Working experience with large data center migrations and technology refreshes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including both oral and written proficiency. Must be able to present effectively and facilitate meetings with a wide variety of audiences including senior management, business units and technology partners.
- Experience managing large, unstructured issues, organizing them into solvable, prioritized projects designed to meet over-arching goals across the organization
- Proven ability to effectively build and manage relationships in a matrixed environment
- Customer focused, service oriented attitude
- Ability to maintain a positive and cooperative attitude in sometimes stressful situations
- Proven skills analyzing and troubleshooting complex systems configurations
- Possess a wide range of technical knowledge
- Self motivated and able to work independently on multiple group projects
- Scripting experience with Shell or perl
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose – driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth – in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
ExperienceMore than 5 Years
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (440)
Senior QA Engineer Jobs at Aventude in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Full Stack Engineer Jobs at Refcoins in Sri Lanka (Remote) on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Senior Software Engineer Jobs at OREL IT in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Python Developer Jobs at Innodata Lanka in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Associate Software Engineer Jobs at Codevus in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Serviceform in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at CuSolid in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Senior / Lead DevOps Engineer Jobs at IFS in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on January 27, 2023 Full-Time