Tech Lead (GUI)
We are looking for a “Tech Lead – GUI Development” to work in an exciting data project. This project implements Europe’s first multi-asset class, multi-market surveillance service, offering detection of market abuse and financial crime to European investment firms with expansions to FX markets globally and internal data analysis capability for LSEG management to profile information from group trading venues
The role responsibilities include developing configurable GUI dashboards and relevant backend applications
The candidate should possess the ability to own one or more medium complexity backend and frontend components from the design (with guidance), code, review, estimate and test perspective. Applicants should possess good knowledge and skills in software engineering and UX designing concepts
- Understand sophisticated business requirements and design, prototype, develop, test, and document scalable, resilient GUI applications (real-time and on-demand) as per functional and non-functional requirements
- Design and implementation of modern/configurable/user-friendly dashboarding solutions for sophisticated business problems
- Ability to solve critical issues and provide quick workarounds and solutions
- Review the GUI strategy/architecture periodically with senior collaborators to provide relevant recommendations.
- Make recommendations for aspects such as improving quality, cost of ownership, and time to market
- Perform code reviews in both backend and frontend components
- Collaboratively work with platform teams, architects, domain experts, developers, QA engineers, business analysts, and technical support groups to deliver value to the business
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in developing microservices based GUI applications using Spring Boot
- Minimum 3 years of experience in web application development using Angular-2 or React
- Significant knowledge and experience on java language constructs, data structures, concurrent programming, memory management and exception handling.
- Significant understanding on concurrent user action handling, data visualization, canvas drawing.
- Proficient on Java Secure Coding Practices
- Significant exposure on Java memory management and configurations of GC- algorithms
- Exceptional knowledge on ORM frameworks and hands-on experience with JDBC, JPA and Hibernate
- Experience in Linux base operating systems.
- Outstanding knowledge on JVM architecture
- Experience in Mock frameworks such as Mokito, JMokit and Junit,TestNG or a similar unit test framework
- Experience in JVM performance tune-ups and profiling
- Very good understanding on Web-Services REST, GraphQL, WebSocket communication
- Comprehensible on Authentication flows – Oauth and IDPs (Ping, Okta, etc)
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or IT or equivalent qualification/experience
- Strong communication, presentation, documentation and interpersonal skills
- Able to self-manage and work independently in a fast-paced environment with multifaceted requirements, proactive with proven critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Agile development processes (SCRUM)
- Experience with Atlassian tool chain (good to have)
- Experience in Financial markets domain and data experience will be an added advantage
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose – driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth – in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- Experience3 Years
- INDUSTRYComputer and technology
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (138)
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Serviceform in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 26, 2023 Full-Time
- Software Engineer (React Native) Jobs at Empite in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 26, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at GTN in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 26, 2023 Full-Time
- Software Engineer (.NET) Jobs at Mind Plus in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 26, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Web Developer Jobs at Envoy Ortus in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 26, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior DevOps Engineer Jobs at Kaleris in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 26, 2023 Full-Time
- Laravel Engineer Jobs at iLabs in Battaramulla, Sri Lanka on September 26, 2023 Full-Time