Technical Specialist – Software Quality Engineering
A Leader passionate in technology primarily responsible for establishing frameworks that enable automation aspects of functional and nonfunctional testing and able to train juniors while providing leadership in testing, requirement analysis and design to help identify issues that could compromise quality.
- Avid in learning and exploring recent technology.
- An individual with an amiable attitude
- Good team player and willing to work in challenging environments.
- Good analytical & communication skills
- A Self Starter with a serious sense of Accountability
- Good leadership and Mentoring skills
Work as the team’s point of contact for all QE oriented detail.
- Plan and drive all aspects of quality within the team.
- Mentor juniors and thereby help improve the overall QE competence and efficiency index.
- Review Test Designs & Test Automation practices to ensure standards.
- Improve efficiency of testing activities working closely with Development leads, Architects by understanding the designs and architecture of the application.
- Perform periodic reviews on test cases automated by subordinates.
- Own & create Test Repositories, Artifacts and collaborate with assignees in maintaining standards.
- Establish a CI/CD setup using automated tools i.e., Jenkins, Bamboo..etc. with other stakeholders I.e., DevOps teams to ensure efficient & High-Quality in deliverables.
- Conduct functional testing on UI, API components with industry recognized tools & frameworks I.e., Selenium, SoapUI, Rest Assured etc.
- Conduct Non-functional testing (Performance, Security, Accessibility…etc.) with industry recognized tools.
Make a positive impact on the organizations Quality Engineering practices through innovative ideas, concepts & driving them to a substantial point of adaption.
Skills & Exptertise:
A wizard in technical frameworks able to recommend solutions using them for technical impediments.
- Hands on experience in Object Oriented Programming concepts through a widely adapted programming language (Java, C# etc.)
- Solid understanding and ability to coach the team on Non-functional industry test Automation tools & technologies.
- Excellent in Defect management, Triage & Tracking.
- Great competence with stakeholder management.
- Firsthand experience in Software Engineering and Quality Engineering methodologies, principles & solution architectures
- Good insight on the latest Network, Cloud technologies & breakthroughs.
Good understanding & experience with Test Management tools such as HP ALM (Application Lifecycle Management), JIRA etc.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 6+ years’ experience of overall Software Quality Engineering with 4+ years hands on experience in Quality Engineering technical aspects.
- Minimum 1.5 years’ experience as a designated lead.
- Experienced with working in an Agile team & good exposure to DevOps.
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level
- Prefer any ISTQB Advanced Level certification.
- Oracle Certified Associate in J2EE, AWS Certifications, Any Valid Technical Certification (Preferred).
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
ExperienceMore than 5 Years
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (58)
Senior Executive – RPA at John Keels Group, Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 27, 2021 Full-Time
Intern – IT, Opportunity at DARAZ, Colombo, SRI LANKA. on November 26, 2021 Internship
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer Jobs At Pearson, Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 26, 2021 Full-Time
Full Stack Developer – (Remote) Jobs At Nielsen , New York, NY, US on November 26, 2021 Full-Time
Sr BI Developer – (Remote USA) Jobs At Nielsen, Chicago, IL, US on November 26, 2021 Full-Time
Automation Test Engineer Jobs At Virtusa ,Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, IN on November 26, 2021 Full-Time
Software Quality Engineer Jobs At Pearson, Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 26, 2021 Full-Time