As part of UniOps, IT is a critical component underpinning Unilever’s ability to win in the market. It does this by delivering excellent IT services globally so that Unilever can better serve customers. In order for change or new IT solutions to have zero disturbance to business, robust testing process is of utmost important. Test architect role is important to design and implement right Testing Strategy and Testing Framework. Global testing practice is a testing platform catering to the Regression and Performance Testing requirements of platforms like Core ERPs, Supply Chain solutions like OTM, SRM and CLM. Master Data solutions such as BPM. Global testing platform has deployed different Testing Tools such as HPQC, CBTA, HPPC etc. for Regression testing and Performance testing.
Main job purpose:
Testing Architect is expected to carry out the following
Design Testing Strategy and Testing Framework in the areas of Regression and Performance Testing
Define a consistent tracking mechanism end to End (Between Individual Testing Script to Transactions). Define a scenario-based Testing Tracking mechanism Define a framework to map testing script to business process to assess the Testing Coverage at any point in time. Define a Governance mechanism to keep the above 3 points update to date any point in time.
Define a Testing Strategy based on the Testing Requirement. This is to say, regular performance testing strategy or framework required for patch upgrades or Version Upgrade, Integration Testing or cloud migration etc. Design an automated tool to cater the above requirements.
B Testing Tools
This role is expected to always look for state of the art testing tools which will be required in the context Unilever IT solutions and Business requirements. Periodically carry out Proof of Concept for the new Tool
C Security assessment
This role is also responsible to ensure Unilever Security Standards are compiled with in defining the Testing Strategy and Testing Framework.
D Tool Assessment
This role plays an important role in acquiring a new Testing Tool be it for Regression or Performance Testing
E. Architecture of Testing Platform
This role is expected to maintain always an updated Testing Tool Architectural Diagram that has been deployed. This is expected to cover
Engagement with platform SMEs, Engagement with Key Stake holders of important IT initiatives where testing plays a key role, Engaging and collaborating with Vendor partner teams and product Vendor teams.
- Architect is expected to have project management skills required to delivery new automated testing capability for different platform as the new capabilities come time to time. Deliver projects in line with Dev/Ops model. Expected to follow other agile project methodology as Unilever standards.
Service Ownership and Management:
- Responsible for onboarding Testing capabilities services.
- Responsible for ensuring maintenance of repository testing related documents in the respective tool
- Follow a structured audit process to have positive assurance to ensure testing framework and documentation are in place
- Maintain a pipeline of activities in the respective area and coverage of resources for the pipeline of activities
- Put in process and methodology to maintain various statistics to provide to Senior Management whenever asked.
- Ensure all the testing activities are run in automated and person dependent manner to the extent possible.
- Work with Service Partners and Vendors to ensure Statements of Work (SOW) are created and submitted in line with Unilever process. Understand the cost management of testing activities. Principles of cross charging. Ensure All costs incurred as part of testing are cross charged to respective platforms.
- Communication and Reporting:
- Working with Lead Managers and SMEs of platforms. Conducting periodical review call on the testing delivery with respective platforms.
- Occasional Director level engagement to update the delivery and key initiatives
Essential Experience / Skills
1. Understanding & know-hows testing process, test automation tools like CBTA, BPCA, Decesoft, HP Quality Centre, UFT, HP Performance center/load runner works.
2. Strong vendor management skills and experience is a must –
3. Out of the box thinking in solutioning Resilience
4. Understanding of project support and its transition –
5. In-depth understanding of test automation tools –
experience of managing multiple projects: Tasks, Risks and Stakeholder management skills It will be an added advantage if the candidate has hands on or has functional knowledge in SAP ECC – MM, PP, QM, WM. EWM
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (1)
- Senior Designer Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 21, 2023 Full-Time