Accounting Assistant (Management Development Program)
We’re a leader in the pet care industry, which means we’re not only ahead in volume, profit and market share, but our associates dare to Stand Taller. We innovate new products, impart new agilities into existing processes, constantly advance pet nutrition, and always pay it forward in the form of service for our communities and families. Are you up for the dare?
For more than 30 years, our Management Development Associate program has developed our future leaders. This program allows you to embark on a personal and professional development experience a classroom can’t offer. Joining Nestlé Purina as an Accounting Assistant (Management Development Program) means you’re joining our factory family at an assistant level to play a key role in developing and maintaining the necessary accounting systems, procedures, controls, and audits. You’ll train and become familiar with all areas of the inventory management controls department. This will include all facets of the production process, the Purina warehouse and shipping functions and accounting procedures and internal controls. Following from there, you’ll experience a unique breadth of work within your functional area and focus on becoming a domain expert at the factory you’re assigned to. Why a leadership developmental role with us versus somewhere else? Taking the accounting path of our Management Development Associate program is a full-time position that puts you on the fast track to management on the manufacturing side of our business. You are the future leader.
- Produce accurate and timely departmental training reports, complete with flow diagrams for the entire plant.
- Train and develop a working knowledge of our Inventory Control computer systems to include input, internal controls report capabilities and analysis.
- Participate in periodic inventories of raw materials and finished goods and assist with reconciliation of those inventories.
- Perform month-end closing functions and analysis letters.
- Participate in management meetings and conduct audits or compliance testing.
Basic Qualifications (Minimum):
- Must be open to relocation to one or more of our 23 production facilities across the U.S.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting
- 1+ years’ experience of accounting experience in a manufacturing, production, military, or related environment
Requisition ID: 140393
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you’re at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Crete, NE, US, 68333
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelAssistant
- Experience1 Year
- QualificationBachelor's Degree