Consultant – Tax – TMT – Indirect Tax Conslt Standard – Chennai
Consultant Indirect Tax
The multi-layered indirect tax levied both at the Central and State level in India is extremely complex and dynamic. We provide assistance in identifying risk areas and sustainable planning opportunities for indirect taxes throughout the tax life cycle, helping clients meet compliance obligations and business goals around the world.
variety of transactions.
As an indirect tax services professional at Ernst & Young, you will help leading organizations to identify risk areas and sustainable planning opportunities for indirect taxes throughout the tax life cycle.
Your key responsibilities
The incumbent will handle engagements related to GST and other Indirect Tax Laws, Appeals, Tax Restructuring, Tax Advisory and consulting pertaining to GST, Service Tax, VAT, Excise and Customs. The profile will also involve dealing with Indirect Tax Compliance.
- Implementation support to clients on GST projects – Team along to support clients in implementing GST, undertake GST impact analysis, manage compliances under GST and identify transition issues.
- Understanding of client issues-Ability to discuss basic technical issues, ask appropriate questions and gather relevant information from the client. Develops rapport with the lower levels of client management; responds in a timely manner, displays commitment to outstanding client service.
- Responsible for the complete execution of the assigned engagements -. Analysis & Interpretation of Provisions under the Central Excise Act & Rules framed thereunder, Customs Act & Rules thereunder, Cenvat Credit Rules, Service Tax Statute, Provisions pertaining to VAT, issues relating to Classification and Valuation of Goods under Central Excise and Customs, Issues pertaining to Excise Rules, Modvat/Cenvat Credit Rules and Cenvat Accounting, Indirect Tax Compliances including VAT, Service Tax, STPI (b). Coordination with the department for obtaining approvals, registrations, etc.
- Awareness of services that the practice provides-Builds internal networks to develop understanding of service line offerings and bring potential opportunities to the attention of the team.
- Networking & Identification of opportunities-Begins to identify new opportunities for existing clients and communicates to manager. Networks internally within the peer group and other levels in the firm in order to gain understanding of issues that may impact issues with his clients.
- Effective implementation and review of work programs. Updates the manager proactively on various work related issues.
- Coordinates with the Manager/Senior Executive the planning and management of assignments.
- Provides timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations
Skills and attributes for success
- Passion to work in indirect tax field
- Good command over MS Excel –can use formulas and comfortable with computations
- Analytical ability
- Good understanding of indirect tax laws including GST
- Strong interpersonal skills (ability to liaise at all levels)
- Commitment to on-going self-development
- Ability to communicate and interact with clients
- Ability to cope under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good time management skills
To qualify for the role you must have
- A certified CA (pref.) /LLB/any other Diploma with post qualification and/or articleship experience in indirect tax.
- 1 to 2+ yrs
Ideally you’ll also have
- Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
- Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
- Strong leadership skills and supervisory responsibility.
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYAccountancy, Banking and Finance
Related Jobs (26)
Billing Executive – Careers at Durdans Hospital – Colombo – Sri Lanka. on October 12, 2021 Full-Time
Junior Executive – Finance -Jobs at Hayleys-Colombo-Sri Lanka on October 11, 2021 Full-Time
Internship – Market Intelligence – Paris – M / F – Careers at EY – France. on October 10, 2021 Full-Time