We are looking for a candidate with a background in Finance, Accounting or Management. You will be responsible in supporting our finance team in accounting and taxation for our companies in Sri Lanka and Singapore. The candidate should be passionate and a great team player. He/She should be a quick learner, self-starter, accountable and able to work independently.
- Enter weekly transactions into the accounting software used by the company.
- Carryout month end and year end closing processes including bank reconciliations, system reconciliations, inventory counting, invoicing, maintenance of ledger, payables & receivables etc.
- Preparation of financial accounts and assisting with audits.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and annual income tax returns.
- Manage EPT/ETF submissions as well as VAT return fillings.
- Support the import and export processes by preparing documentation where required.
- Assisting the Finance lead in other finance operations such as, pricing, costing, profitability of shipments, financials relating to projects etc.
- Liaising with banks and other stakeholders.
- Willing to undertake assigned cross functional responsibilities
- Completed a Bachelors in Business Management/Finance/Accounting or any equivalent professional qualification in CA/CIMA/ACCA.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in an FMCG or Export company.
- Proven skills in analytics, understanding of principles related to finance and accounting and attention to detail.
- Good knowledge in business practices.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate, especially in MS Office, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Prior experience in using Xero accounting software will be an advantage
The company headoffice is in Kelaniya and you should be comfortable with travelling to work everyday.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNon-Executive
- Experience2 Years
- INDUSTRYBusiness, consulting and management.
- QualificationProfessional qualification