Project Associate / Assistant Director (Finance/Payroll) – Contract
Accountant-General’s Department (AGD) is the lead government agency which provides financial and accounting services to our Singapore Public Service. Our wide-ranging roles include:
- Formulating Accounting, Financial and Reserves Policies
- Setting Accounting Standards, Policies and Practices
- Developing and Managing Government Accounting Systems
- Preparing Government Financial Statements
- Conducting Value-For-Money Reviews
- Conducting Internal Audits
- Monitoring Financial Returns and Borrowings
- Managing Government’s Cashflows
The work we do at AGD is diverse, challenging and enriching. You will gain valuable insights and new perspectives through our inter-agency work as we promote innovation and transformation. We will also provide you with opportunities to grow professionally, stretch your potential and hone your leadership skills.
The candidate will be attached to AGD’s Cumulus project or Production Support team for the entire contract duration. Candidates will experience first-hand Cloud SaaS ERP system (that is, Finance in Workday and/or Payroll in Excelity) as well as familiarization with system implementation process from requirement gathering, design, testing, change management, training and deployment to system go-live. The candidate will also be exposed to agile methodology and process design principles.
The candidate will enroll for Workday Pro Certification. Following that, he/she will involve in system configuration, report writing, and issue resolution and change requests implementation, with an opportunity for a 6-month attachment in another government agency.
This role will require good process design skills, interpersonal communication, client management skills, and a good understanding of Finance/Payroll processes and policies. Candidate needs to demonstrate the ability to work in Saas environment and be able to adapt to quick changes in solutioning environment. He/She must have a passion to learn Finance and Payroll, and possess good knowledge in the configuration of systems.
• Background in Accounting, Business or Finance, or otherwise relevant work experience. Applicants with no experience may apply.
• Understanding of Finance or Payroll processes and experience with related systems will be advantageous;
• Good critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills;
• Time management skills to multi-task and prioritize key deliverables;
• Meticulous and a good team player who is able to work well independently;
• Able to proactively develop and manage relationships with various key stakeholders;
• Ability to put forth proposals to senior management to facilitate decision making;
• Strong communication and presentation skills
You will be notified on whether you are shortlisted or not within 4 weeks of the closing date of this job posting.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
ExperienceLess than 1 Year
INDUSTRYAccountancy, Banking and Finance
Related Jobs (82)
Assistant Accountant Jobs at MegaPay (Pvt) Ltd in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 26, 2023 Full-Time
Senior Finance Executive Jobs at OREL IT in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on January 26, 2023 Full-Time
Manager Transaction Services Jobs at HSBC in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on January 26, 2023 Full-Time
Account Manager – South Asia Jobs at Wavenet in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on January 24, 2023 Full-Time
Senior Accountant Jobs at Arteculate Asia in Sri Lanka (Remote) on January 24, 2023 Full-Time