Analyst, Securities, Data Collection
The SEDOL Masterfile (SMF), hosted on the UnaVista platform, provides global reference data across all asset classes and markets, available to users via an on-line user interface or through data download files. Additionally, SMF provides fundamental information for trade & post-trade data management and also enables the Exchange to fulfil its role as the National Numbering Agency for the UK, for the provision of UK ISIN, CFI and FISN codes.
The Data Analyst role will be critical to the growth and maintenance of the SEDOL Masterfile Database.
Key functions of the role are to provide operational support and expertise in an analytical capacity, requiring in depth knowledge and system experience to ensure procedures are being followed and data quality is being achieved through monitoring and procedural reviews. There will also be a requirement to carry out in depth analysis, including documenting functional requirement specifications and assess how data changes will impact the wider Data Solutions & Database Services products and services.
Candidate Profile / Key Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Reference data knowledge covering a wide range of asset classes, global markets and corporate actions.
- Knowledge of security identifiers and financial international standards e.g. familiar with SEDOL, ISIN, CUSIP, Valoren as well as ISO standards such as CFI, FISN, MIC and LEI.
- Experience with interaction with customers over telephone, email & face-to-face.
- Experience in using SEDOL Masterfile, hosted on the UnaVista platform an advantage.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Excel skills for data manipulation.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality work within agreed timescales.
- Experience in operational environment with database maintenance, within reference data industry would be highly beneficial.
- Appropriate knowledge and experience of the financial services industry.
- Oral and written communications are tailored to their audience’s needs.
- Willingly puts in the effort to ensure activities completed on time and to the quality required.
- Pro-active and demonstrates initiative.
- Priorities activities according to business and operational need.
- Analysis and problem solving.
- Analyses issues to identify the most appropriate solutions.
- Utilizes all available resources and toolsets to investigate and resolve problems.
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose – driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth – in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (311)
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer Jobs at Wavenet in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 2, 2023 Full-Time
Associate Quality Assurance Engineer Jobs at Calcey in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 1, 2023 Full-Time
Trainee Software Engineer Jobs at Fidenz Academy in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 1, 2023 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at Ideahub in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 1, 2023 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at Axiata Digital Labs in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on February 1, 2023 Full-Time