Business Consulting – Summer Internship 2022 (Canada) | Consulting, Canada – Summer internship position
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
At EY Consulting, we are building a better working world by transforming businesses through the power of people, technology and innovation. The advent of emerging tech is recasting all industries and requires our clients to embrace turning new technology capabilities into new competitive advantages.
We work collaboratively with some of the top executives in the largest companies in the world, helping them create and realize the best solutions for the future of their companies. Each project will be different, so you’ll need to be able to excel in ambiguous situations and confidently navigate ever-changing circumstances. We’ll look to you to be a self-starter, have the ability to translate complex information into simple terms, and deliver long-term solutions with confidence. On this team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to imagine the future as well as create it, where you can craft ideas and implement them for our clients.
We are hiring Interns for our Business Consulting group in the following teams:
- Business Transformation – This team helps clients embrace, adapt and transform by helping them tackle some of the most emerging and pressing business challenges being driven by the constantly changing business landscape, across a wide array of sectors. We transform businesses through the power of people, technology, and innovation.
- Finance – A career in our Finance Transformation practice will provide the opportunity to work alongside Finance leaders to optimize their finance functions. We help organizations achieve strategic alignment of their finance organization through a variety of initiatives – be that working through their transformation strategy, designing a new operating model or Finance process or evaluating global business services eg Shared Service Centers and Outsourcing.
- Digital Supply Chain & Operations – One of our growing areas of the practice, this team leverages digital technologies and improves business performance for our clients by providing consulting and implementation services spanning the end-to-end supply chain. All designed to help our clients transform and achieve measurable benefits in their effectiveness and strategic decision making.
As we are client facing, we expect our interns to demonstrate professionalism and competence in the client’s environment. To maintain a strong client focus, be responsive to client requests, and to develop / maintain productive working relationships with client personnel. Students working for us should keep up to date on current business / economic developments relevant to the client’s business and collaborate with team members to set goals and responsibilities for the project.
If you’re ready to build on your potential, develop as a consultant, and join a growing team, this role is for you. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Visit our website here to learn more.
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset . What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven . We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- Qualifications :
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in business, STEM, or another related major
- Demonstrated project management, teaming, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skill and the willingness and ability to learn and work independently with minimal supervision
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Committed to integrity within a professional environment
What’s in it for you
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds – both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
- We are currently accepting internship applications for our Business Consulting groups for May-August 2022 .
- To apply, please create a profile, and submit your most recent cover letter, resume and unofficial transcripts as one single PDF document. Please indicate which team you are applying for on your cover letter.
- Within a week of submitting your PDF application, you will be provided with a link to complete the video component of your application.
- Depending on the city you are applying to, you will have either 24-48 hours to complete this video. All candidates must complete this video as part of the application process.
Find out why time and again we’re recognized as one of Canada’s top employers. To learn more about career opportunities with us, visit us at ey.com/careers.
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT + community to our innovative Neurodiversity Center of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY Way of Work and your health and safety
EY Way of Work recognizes flexibility in the way we collaborate, innovate and deliver with the ability to work in-person and remotely. To support a healthy and safe in-person working environment, EY has implemented various layers of health and safety controls while working in the office or at client or other locations. A critical component of EY’s workplace safety program includes our COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an accommodation based on a reason protected by human rights legislation is provided.
EY is committed to diversity and equity. Make your mark.
Please note: Due to high volumes of applicants only successful applicants moving forward to an interview will be contacted.
|What if your career could have a lasting impact on you and the world?
At EY, you will have the chance to gain truly exceptional experience. You will benefit from the latest technologies, be surrounded by high performing teams and immerse in a diverse and inclusive culture within a global company where you can realize your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you will acquire the skills necessary to remain competitive in today’s and tomorrow’s world – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors and leaders who will accompany you on your journey. career paths within EY and into the future.
The exceptional EY experience. It is in your hands.
The possibility: your next adventure is waiting for you
In the EY Consulting group, we work together to build a better world by transforming businesses through the potential of our people, technology and innovation. The advent of emerging technologies is bringing about an overhaul of all lines of business and requires our customers to embrace these new technological capabilities and see them as new competitive advantages.
We work closely with some of the leaders of the world’s largest companies, helping them create and implement the best solutions for the future of their business. Each project being different, you will need to be able to excel in ambiguous situations and move forward with confidence despite constantly changing circumstances. We expect you to be self-sufficient, have the ability to translate complex information into simple terms, and provide us with long-term solutions with confidence. Within this team, you will have the unique opportunity not only to imagine the future, but also to create it, develop ideas and implement them for our clients.
We are currently accepting applications for a full-time position within the Consulting group in the range of services:
Business Transformation – The team helps clients embrace change, adapt and transform by enabling them to tackle some of the most emerging and pressing business challenges arising from the constantly changing business environment across a wide range of industries. We transform businesses through the potential of people, technology and innovation.
Finance – A career in the Financial Transformation group provides the opportunity to collaborate with finance leaders to optimize the finance function. We help companies align their finance function with their strategy through a variety of initiatives – whether that’s working on their transformation strategy, designing a new operating model or finance process, or evaluating business services. global (eg, shared service centers and outsourcing).
Supply Chain and Operations – As part of our growing practice areas, the team takes advantage of digital technologies and helps improve the business performance of our clients by providing consulting and implementation services that extend throughout the supply chain. The team aims to enable our clients to transform them and achieve measurable benefits in terms of efficiency and strategic decision-making.
Since we are in direct contact with clients, we expect our staff to demonstrate professionalism and competence in the client’s workplace. They must also maintain a strong customer focus, be responsive to customer requests, and establish and maintain productive working relationships with customer staff. Staff members who work for us must keep abreast of new business and economic developments and their impact on the client, and collaborate with team members to develop goals and define responsibilities for a project.
If you’re ready to unleash your potential, grow as an advisor, and join a growing team, this role is for you. You are interested? It’s only a beginning. Visit our website to learn more.
What we are looking for
You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. However, the right mindset is just as important a success factor. We’re looking for innovative-minded people who can work nimbly and keep pace in a rapidly changing world.
You are curious and driven by a goal. We are looking for candidates who see opportunity where others see difficulty, who ask better questions to get better answers to build a better world.
You are inclusive. We are looking for candidates who seek and adopt different points of view, who value difference and form inclusive teams to build safety and trust.
Required Skills :
- On track to obtain an undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate degree in business administration, science, technology, engineering, mathematics or other related majors programs.
- Have demonstrated skills in project management, teamwork, organization, analysis and problem solving, as well as the willingness and ability to learn and work independently with minimal supervision .
- Possess effective organizational and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Possess strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate integrity in a professional environment.
What can I gain from it?
Expand your horizons by working in highly integrated teams globally and collaborating with talented people with diverse backgrounds, both professionally and culturally.
Bring out the best in you by continually investing in your personal well-being and professional development.
Develop your personal goal while having a positive impact on our teams, our business, our customers and society: let’s work together for a better world.
What you can expect
We are currently accepting applications for summer internships within the Consulting group in the Business Consulting service line for May-August 2022 .
To apply, please login and attach a current resume, recent cover letter, and unofficial transcript in one PDF document. Please indicate in your cover letter the name of the team for which you are applying.
In the week following the sending of your application in PDF format, you will receive a link to complete the video section of your application
Depending on the office you are applying for, you will have 24 to 48 hours to complete this video. All applicants must complete this video as part of the application process.
See why we’ve been recognized time and time again as one of Canada’s Best Employers. To learn more about career opportunities at EY, please visit ey.com/ca/careers.
Diversity and inclusiveness at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We are committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, guidelines and practices are fair, and where our people feel a sense of belonging. As evidenced by the actions we have taken to combat systemic racism, our support for members of the LGBT + community as well as innovative projects such as the Center of Excellence in Neurodiversity and our accessibility initiatives, we accept and welcome the diversity of our people’s experiences, skills, backgrounds and perspectives, which makes them unique and helps us grow.
The “Work at EY” code and your health and safety
The “Working at EY” code allows for flexibility in how we collaborate, innovate and deliver our services through our ability to work in person and remotely. In order to foster a healthy and safe work environment in person, EY has implemented various levels of controls to ensure the health and safety of everyone in the office, at clients’ homes and beyond. One of the critical components of the Company’s workplace safety program is our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless appropriate measures are taken. accommodation was granted for reasons protected by human rights law.
EY promotes diversity and equity. Make your mark. Apply today!
Due to the high number of applications received, please note that we will only contact those candidates selected for an interview.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelEntry Level
- INDUSTRYBusiness, consulting and management.
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (2)
- Marketing Internship at Finetech Consultancy in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 12, 2024 Internship
- QA Internship at Sydpro – Sri Lanka in Nugegoda, Sri Lanka on February 12, 2024 Internship