Instructor in Computer Science
The Department of Computer Science invites applications for four or more full-time positions at the rank of Instructor I, commencing January 1, 2022, or on a date mutually agreed upon. Winter term classes at the University of Manitoba begin on Monday, January 17th, 2022. Exceptional candidates at any level will also be considered. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The Department seeks an emerging scholar with a commitment to excellence in teaching and pedagogical development. Outstanding candidates with experience in any area of Computer Science will be considered, with particular emphasis on candidates who will complement or extend the department’s strengths. Preference will be given to those with teaching experience and a Ph.D (preferred) or M.Sc., or other distinguishing attributes in Computer Science or a closely related field. Duties include undergraduate teaching, including live lecture, on-line and distance delivery formats, pedagogical/course development and assessment, and service-related activities. Successful candidates will have a track record of teaching contributions and course development, or significant industry experience, and will exhibit evidence of the ability to work in a collaborative environment. Candidates with extensive pedagogical experience may be considered for the Instructor II or Senior Instructor position based on years of experience.
To enhance our Department and create role models for our diverse population of students, we particularly invite applications from those who will increase and support our diversity, including women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized persons, and those committed to an inclusive environment.
The Department currently has 22 full time tenured and tenure track faculty members and 6 Instructors, and offers a full range of both undergraduate and graduate programs in Computer Science. Further information about the Department can be obtained from sci.umanitoba.ca/cs. Winnipeg is the largest city in the Province of Manitoba. The city has a rich cultural environment, including symphony, opera, dance, theatre, and ethnic festivals. The region provides ample opportunities for outdoor recreation in all seasons. Learn more about Winnipeg at winnipeg.ca.
The University of Manitoba is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual and gender identities, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact UM.Accommodation@umanitoba.ca or 204-474-7195. Please note this contact information is for accommodation reasons only.
Applications including a curriculum vitae, a description of teaching philosophy and pedagogy interests, evidence of teaching effectiveness (if available), and contact information for three references should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (PDF files preferred). Please specify position numbers 31177 / 31178 / 31179 / 31180 in the application. For further information contact the Search Committee Chair at: email@example.com. Review of applications will commence on November 20, 2021. Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Please note that curricula vitae may be provided to participating members of the search process.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationDoctorate Degree (Ph.D.)
Related Jobs (46)
- Senior Frontend Developer Jobs at Kognitiv Corporation in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 26, 2024 Full-Time
- DevOps Application Engineer Jobs at Synopsys Inc in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 26, 2024 Full-Time
- Data Engineer Jobs at Insighture in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 26, 2024 Full-Time
- Software Engineer Internship at Almas Equities in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 26, 2024 Internship
- Senior Game Developer Jobs at Matific in Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Software Engineer II Jobs at Zebra Technologies in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer – Java Jobs at Digiratina in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer (iOS) Jobs at Aeturnum in Nugegoda, Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Senior DevOps Engineers Jobs at Sysco LABS in Western Province, Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Senior PHP Developer Jobs at Techlabs Global Private Ltd in Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time