Intern – End User Services
Our mission is to unlock human potential. We welcome you for who you are, and the background you bring, and we embrace individuals who get excited about learning. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion; it’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
About the Role:
Wiley is looking for passionate interns to join our exciting, challenging, and rapidly expanding team in Sri Lanka. This position is a hands-on intern position where you will be working with the End User Services Team for Wiley’s internal applications. The role of the Wiley End User Services team goes above and beyond an ordinary helpdesk. Therefore, without a doubt, the experience you will gain at Wiley End User Services team will expose you to a wealth of knowledge and a great many opportunities.
How you will make an impact:
• Provide initial support and diagnostics for end-user issues, revolving around desktop systems and software and peripheral equipment (such as printers, scanners, tablets, and mobile devices) in use within Wiley.
• Provide correct responses to requests for support. for example, making system modifications, developing workarounds or site-specific enhancements, reconfiguring systems, changing operating procedures, producing additional documentation, or escalating requests to systems development staff or software suppliers.
• Be the first contact point of support for Wiley colleagues and/or service delivery staff to log, track and resolve incidents or requests.
• Respond to and manage the status of requests submitted into the ticketing system.
• Ensure that all requests are dealt with and resolved appropriately, and issues requiring further specialist input are referred to the appropriate support team.
• Investigate issues/problems and determine the correct actions to take
• Ensure all work is carried out and documented, following required standards, policies, and procedures
• Take pro-active corrective action to improve performance and to avoid problems arising
• Research and make recommendations for changes and refinement to processes and procedures
• Acquiring an understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its parts and identifying the relationships
• Keeping track of a consistently evolving environment and evolving technologies and procedures.
• Share information through regular communication, sharing resources, and contributing to resolving mutual problems
• Diagnose and resolve end-user problems involving networking (TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DNS, VPN, VLANs, WiFi)
What we look for:
• An undergraduates from a recognized university reading for a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT, or any other related discipline
• Know Microsoft operating systems and technologies
• Know basic networking
• Have excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
• Know the ITIL Framework would be an advantage
Enabling Discovery, Powering Education, Shaping Workforces.
We clear the way for seekers of knowledge: illuminating the path forward for research and education, tearing down barriers to society’s advancement, and giving seekers the help they need to turn their steps into strides.
Wiley may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: our people. We are willing to challenge the status quo, move the needle, and be innovative. Wiley’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations across the globe in more than 40 countries.
Please attach your CV in order to be considered for this position.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelEntry Level
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (302)
Backend Developer Intern, Vacancies At Nimi, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on August 8, 2022 Internship
Creative Intern, Vacancies At ADA, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on August 8, 2022 Internship