Manager Software Development
We are looking for an experienced Manager, Content Software Engineering to help build functionality that will play a large role in delivering Pearson content to thousands of students. This person will work as part of a team to design, create and enhance applications that relate to content publishing for Pearson Virtual Schools (PVS), under direction from business stakeholders, to implement a broader vision for the next generation of the publishing framework. A successful engineering manager will communicate fearlessly to build trust. We need leaders who take active roles in shaping the content engineering space for Virtual Learning.
Work with product and technology teams to build, enhance, or maintain applications within Pearson’s learning platform.
- Works with tech leads and senior engineers to capture requirements, gut checks new feature proposals and large improvements.
- Drive technical decisions in a principled manner. Arbitrate and make decisions that move the development and architecture forward using appropriate level of cost-benefit analysis.
- Work collaboratively within an Agile team to plan, estimate, design, and implement work from a backlog.
- Collaborate with other technology teams across Pearson where needed.
- Participate in architecture, code, security, and operational reviews.
- Be occasionally available off-hours in the event that critical Production issues require fixes/support
- Drive a culture of technical excellence and continuous improvement. Identify and introduce new technologies and patterns that elevate the platform. Mentor junior engineering to further their development.
- Seek diverse perspectives to drive innovation and create buy-in from all technical stakeholders inside and outside the team.
You are customer focused, with ability to offer input on high level solutions to customer problems that helps drive product roadmap.
Computer Science degree or related field. Bachelors or above preferred.
- 8+ years in the software industry.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to learn/absorb new concepts such as business domains, detailed requirements, and algorithms.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, in both technical and business-oriented matters
- Ability to handle time constraints, estimate level of effort, and proactively communicate impediments.
- Experience in architecting and developing services-based consumer platforms at a high scale, high availability, performance, and resilience.
- Experience in translating business requirements into accurate technical requirements, and then implementing the technical requirements with precision
- Experience triaging and fixing bugs within existing/legacy applications
- Ability to modify/enhance complex legacy applications while avoiding regression/bugs
- Microsoft Azure (preferred) or AWS experience
- C# & .NET framework; object-oriented design
- REST / web service design and implementation
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
ExperienceMore than 5 Years
Related Jobs (251)
Full Stack Engineer Jobs at Dutton Labs LK in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 22, 2023 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at CuSolid in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 22, 2023 Full-Time
Software Engineer – .Net Jobs at Calcey in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 22, 2023 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at Cryptoworth in Sri Lanka (Remote) on March 21, 2023 Full-Time
Senior Software Engineer Jobs at OrangeHRM in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 21, 2023 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at Hirdaramani Group in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 21, 2023 Full-Time
Software Engineer Internship at CreativeHub in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 21, 2023 Internship