PhD candidate in Signal Processing and Beyond Massive MIMO Communication Systems
About the position
We have a vacancy for a PhD position in signal processing for 5G and beyond massive MIMO communication system at the department of manufacturing and civil engineering at NTNU.
To meet the demands on the increasing data rate and massive wireless access, the next generation wireless systems (5G and beyond) are designed to use massive MIMO systems and small cell technology with high frequency bands. In fact, Massive MIMO is becoming the mainstream feature for future cellular networks, and in few years, it will be deployed “everywhere”.
In addition to communication purposes, future massive MIMO antenna systems are anticipated to have an additional environmental sensing capability. This PhD project will develop new signal processing techniques for massive MIMO systems with dual communication and sensing capabilities. The position is part of a research project financed by the Research Council of Norway under the Scientific Renewal Program. The successful PhD candidate will work on designing new signal processing techniques for dual functional massive MIMO systems.
The candidate will report to the Head of department.
Duties of the position
- Design of adaptive impedance tuning algorithms for multiple antenna systems
- Developing beamforming techniques under dynamic front-end impedance variations
- Performance evaluation and optimization of massive MIMO communication systems under dynamic front-end impedance variations
Required selection criteria
The PhD-position’s main objective is to qualify for work in research positions. The qualification requirement is that you have completed a master’s degree or second degree (equivalent to 120 credits) in Electrical Engineering with a strong academic background in Radio Communications or equivalent education with a grade of B or better in terms of NTNU’s grading scale. If you do not have letter grades from previous studies, you must have an equally good academic foundation. If you are unable to meet these criteria you may be considered only if you can document that you are particularly suitable for education leading to a PhD degree. To be considered for the position, applicants must have:
- Master’s in electrical engineering with specialization in Signal Processing for Communication Systems with a grade of B or better in terms of NTNU’s grading scale
- Good experience in signal processing, beamforming, and performants analysis of 5G and beyond wireless systems
- Experience with massive MIMO transmission techniques
- Good knowledge and experience in the use of simulation software such as Matlab
- Excellent knowledge in mathematics
- Good written and oral English proficiency
The appointment is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants and Regulations concerning the degrees of Philosophiae Doctor (PhD) and Philosodophiae Doctor (PhD) in artistic research national guidelines for appointment as PhD, post doctor and research assistant
Preferred selection criteria
- Strong publication record in Signal processing for communication in general (specifically in massive MIMO systems)
- Experience in research project works.
- Knowledge and experience in simulations of system level performance analyses of massive MIMO systems.
- Machine learning techniques
About the application
The application and supporting documentation to be used as the basis for the assessment must be in English.
Publications and other scientific work must follow the application. Please note that applications are only evaluated based on the information available on the application deadline. You should ensure that your application shows clearly how your skills and experience meet the criteria which are set out above.
The application must include:
- CV, certificates and diplomas
- transcripts and diplomas for bachelor’s and master’s degrees. If you have not completed the master’s degree, you must submit a confirmation that the master’s thesis has been submitted.
- A copy of the master’s thesis. If you recently have submitted your master’s thesis, you can attach a draft of the thesis. Documentation of a completed master’s degree must be presented before taking up the position.
- Research plan(or research proposal) for the position(maximum one page)
- Name and address of three referees
- If you have publications or other relevant research work
If all, or parts, of your education has been taken abroad, we also ask you to attach documentation of the scope and quality of your entire education, both bachelor’s and master’s education, in addition to other higher education. Description of the documentation required can be found here. If you already have a statement from NOKUT, please attach this as well.
Joint works will be considered. If it is difficult to identify your contribution to joint works, you must attach a brief description of your participation.
In the evaluation of which candidate is best qualified, emphasis will be placed on education, experience and personal and interpersonal qualities. Motivation, ambitions, and potential will also count in the assessment of the candidates.
NTNU is committed to following evaluation criteria for research quality according to The San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment – DORA.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationMaster's Degree(M.Sc.)
Related Jobs (4)
- Front End Industrial Engineer Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on October 4, 2023 Full-Time
- Executive – Sustainability Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 21, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Executive – Engineering Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 21, 2023 Full-Time