Research Fellow (Urban Microclimate and Digital Twin)
BEAM initiative is a collaborative effort launched by National University of Singapore (NUS) as part of Sustainability and Climate Change Action Plan 2030. Specifically, this project focuses on developing a climate resilient campus to improve thermal comfort and mitigate urban heat island (UHI) effect. The Department of the Built Environment at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is seeking TWO (2) Research Fellows (PhD holders) to join the group and spearhead research at the Microclimate Simulations work.
Scope and responsibilities:
● The candidates shall work under the supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI) and Co-PIs to conduct academic research and/ or administrative work.
● Design and conduct research studies; manage collaboration with other researchers and coordination.
● Conduct literature review on appropriate topics related to the project.
● Preparation of publications and managing other forms of research output such as software and data.
● Attending and following meetings and discussions with various stakeholders.
● Write research papers and reports.
A. MICROCLIMATE SIMULATIONS
● PhD in relevant disciplines, such as urban climatology, urban heat island, urban system science, etc.
● Knowledge on urban climate and microclimate analysis by combining process-based and data driven approaches.
● Knowledge of mesoscale meteorological models, CFD techniques or other process-based models applied in the urban context.
● Knowledge of urban wind flow, thermal comfort, and environmental studies.
B. DIGITAL TWIN DEVELOPMENT
● PhD in relevant disciplines: Geospatial technologies, GIS, Digital twins, urban data science, etc.
● Proficiency in one or more of the following areas: programming, spatial analysis/GIS, Geomatics, 3D city modelling, urban planning, and/or urban simulations.
● Knowledge and experience in Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning is an advantage.
● Experience in coding/software development is required.
Candidates should have the following qualities:
● A track record in publications commensurate with distance from PhD. PhD holders with no experience are welcome to apply.
● A strong team player who can multitask and work effectively as a team.
● Ability to conduct research independently.
● A track record of interdisciplinary research will be evaluated positively.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
QualificationDoctorate Degree (Ph.D.)
Related Jobs (556)
Graduate Trainee – Technical Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on January 31, 2023 Full-Time
Intern – Supply Chain Management Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on January 31, 2023 Internship
Intern – Projects Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on January 31, 2023 Internship
Software Engineer Jobs at Bio Foods (Pvt.) Ltd in Kandy, Sri Lanka on January 30, 2023 Full-Time