Software Engineer- R&D CRM
At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company where informal hierarchies promote simplicity and trust with responsibility. We strive to deepen our expertise by taking on challenging and varying work assignments in a collaborative environment together with committed colleagues. With professionalism and a strong customer focus in everything we do, from R&D to Sales and Consultancy, we are proud to serve world-class customers all over the globe with our leading products.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
IFS Project Based Solution offers integrated project management software for managing complex enterprise project lifecycles. Companies that require managing complex project lifecycles are often forced to use separate software products to manage different stages of the project – tendering, commercial, estimating, engineering, procurement, manufacturing & fabrication, planning, cost control, construction, installation and commissioning. Our enterprise project management software capabilities unite these steps in a single integrated process, pulling data on real-time activities directly into a project plan. This affords the ultimate in control and visibility, enabling real-time control over cost, cash, time, resources and risk. We offer a true project-based solution – in essence, an enterprise solution built around project management principles rather than repetitive processes.
As Software Engineer you will have the responsibility to design, develop and maintain software included in IFS Projects. The role is focused on interpreting and analyzing functional and technical requirements to create fit-for-purpose and enterprise-grade software. Stability, performance, maintainability, usability and security are key aspects of this role. You are good at listening and communicating and you share knowledge and experience naturally. If you consider yourself as a person that is pro-active, takes initiative and responsibility, and wants to be part of a diverse and skilled team we want to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Participate in the full R&D lifecycle of our products including design, development, testing, bug fixing, documentation and 3rd line support
- Write robust high-quality documented code adhering to the most appropriate coding practices
- Produce clear release documentation
- Assist with unit and system testing
- Provide 3rd line technical support
- Participate in peer design and code reviews
- Share knowledge, guide and train colleagues
- Be an active member of the team
- Contribute to improvements in IFS products, services and processes.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities
- Technically design and develop fit for purpose software based on functional and technical requirements
- Technically test, debug, review and maintain software to ensure quality and stability of the code
- Create documentation, presentation and training material
- Engage with requirement owners and other stakeholders
- Share knowledge, guide and train colleagues
- Contributes to improvements in IFS products, services and processes
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Senior Software Engineers (Minimum 2-3 years of experience in building commercial business applications)
- Good technical design and programming skills
- Excellent UX design skills
- React and/or Angular development experience
- Knowledge and experience using APIs
- Basic functional design skills
- Good software design skills
- Good software security knowledge
- Good performance knowledge
- Software documentation skills
- Quality assurance skills
- The experience with enterprise-wide business applications or IFS Applications is an added advantage
Skills and Abilities
- Pro-active, take initiative and responsibility
- Good communication skills
- Positive can-do attitude
- Goal and execution oriented
- Takes pride in what is developed
- A natural desire to discover and learn new technologies and processes
- Ability to work as part of the team
- A strong commitment to quality
- A passion for creating great software
For further information, please contact Deepthi Somaweera (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Interviews and selections are being made continuously. If you are interested, apply as soon as possible.
As a step in our recruitment process, all final candidates will undergo a background check, to get us an understanding of our future employees.
We respectfully decline all offers of recruitment and/or advertising assistance.
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, build and maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with a commitment to delivering value to every one of our customers, has made IFS a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 4,000 employees and growing ecosystem of partners support more than 10,000 customers around the world challenge the status quo and realize their competitive advantage. Learn more about how our enterprise software solutions can help your business today at ifs.com.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (380)
Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Techscrolll in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 24, 2023 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at Simsyn Pvt Ltd in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 24, 2023 Full-Time